Why is my phone showing the wrong time?
NovemberNancy

Ever since the DST time change on November 4th, my phone sometimes displays the wrong time. The clock was automatically set back 1 hour on November 4th, and that's fine; that's what it's supposed to do. But, sometimes it jumps ahead an hour.

Specifically, it very consistently jumps ahead one hour in certain zip codes. When I am in the 55423 zip code, the phone displays the correct time (e.g. it's 3:00 PM local time, and the phone displays 3:00 PM). However, when I am in the 55425 zip code, the phone incorrectly displays 1 hour ahead of the current time (e.g. it's 3:00 PM local time, but the phone displays 4:00 PM). These two zip codes are in the same time zone, and are only a few miles away from each other.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Perhaps the cell tower that serves zip code 55425 is configured incorrectly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone DST time wrong
jonathanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

NovemberNancy, the additional information is appreciated, which will help us work toward a resolution. We would like to start with some troubleshooting steps to determine if our network team has to get involved. Please use the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-30994/ to ensure that GPS is on. Then proceed to update the phone to the towers by calling *228 and selecting option 2. Please let us know if the problem persists after those steps.

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NovemberNancy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's vital that your phone always displays the correct time and I'll be happy to help with resolving this issue. I reviewed the zip code you provided and I see no outages in the area. Let's dive deeper into this problem. What's the make and model of your phone? Do you know if any other users are experiencing the same issue as you?

Juan_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NovemberNancy

Hi Juan. Thank you for your response! Let me answer your questions below:

> What's the make and model of your phone?

My phone is an LG Cosmos 3.

> Do you know if any other users are experiencing the same issue as you?

As far as I know, nobody else is experiencing this issue. But, I haven't asked anyone else about it, so I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue or not.

0 Likes
jonathanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

NovemberNancy, the additional information is appreciated, which will help us work toward a resolution. We would like to start with some troubleshooting steps to determine if our network team has to get involved. Please use the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-30994/ to ensure that GPS is on. Then proceed to update the phone to the towers by calling *228 and selecting option 2. Please let us know if the problem persists after those steps.

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
NovemberNancy

Thanks Jonathan!

Turning on GPS as you suggested seemed to fix the problem. I haven't had any problems this week.

I just now dialed *228 and updated my roaming capabilities (mostly because I was curious what would happen). I'll let you know if I have any other issues.

Thanks again!

0 Likes