Re: Voice Mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

With that link not providing guidance, I’m happy to lend a hand, wcrjewell. Let’s try an alternative approach. Call into your voicemail by dialing *86 or by calling your own phone number. After logging in with your voicemail pin number, what do you hear?

If the voicemail PIN has been forgotten, then it can be reset on the iPhone by going to Settings -> Phone -> Change Voicemail Password.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why is my Voice Mail Box always full?
DCLawyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone replied that with "basic voicemail" they only get 20 voicemails?  Since when???  Seems like Verizon is hiding the ball here or changing terms of service and lying to customers.

DCLawyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

See my note.

0 Likes
DCLawyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

why does Verizon take voicemails FROM blocked callers?!  I just found TWO robocall spammer fraudsters I blocked, that were in voicemail, and did not appear in my list of voicemail.  So it was full and I didn't even know why!?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to continue to work with our software engineers to provide the best experience possible for all of our wireless users. In addition to this feedback, is everything else working correctly on your phone now?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
CaptRick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just cleared it up by:

• making sure all messages are deleted
  • shutting off WiFi
  • sending a test message to voicemal (for some reason it works with WiFi off ... that's definitely a Verizon Wireless bug!)
  • Retrieving the message from voicemail
  • Deleting the message
  • "Clear All" after deleting the message
  • Turn WiFi back on
  • Re-test by leaving another message and retrieve (should now work normally)

Baltimore09

I do not have any saved messages either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Geoff12

It's important that your callers are able to successfully leave you a voicemail message when you're unable to take their calls. I'm sorry if this hasn't been your experience with your device or service lately. I would love to assist.

What model phone do you have, and when did this problem begin? Are you using the Visual Voicemail application to access or your voicemail, or do you dial *86 to access your voicemail? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
dcharnholm
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked! Thanks. Now let's see how long it lasts!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@DCLawyer,

We always want the details to be crystal clear for our customers. I regret to learn of any confusion regarding our Voicemail feature, but I assure you that I can clear things up for you. Basic Voicemail does have the capacity for 20 messages. However, we have different types of Voicemail. Check out the comparison here: http://spr.ly/6604EgpNO

You also posted about a blocked number being able to leave a voicemail. In addition, You included that you had previously blocked the number. Tell me, what steps did you take to block the number (from the device, with a blocking feature, an application, etc.)? Please share some additional information, thank you. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes