Why does Samsung Intensity Phone have an awful calendar???
irritatedfromchicago

The calendar function on Samsung Intensity is awful.  These are my problems:

1.  I have to choose a ring tone for each different event.  You cannot preset the same ringtone for all calendar events.  There is only one default ringtone.

2.  It does not order the events by time chronology rather by when I input the events.  For example, if I have a 9am event and then a 10am event but if I input my 10am event first, what shows up first on my calendar for the day is 10am event rather than the 9am event.

3.  Though it gives an option to delete events that are a day old, that function does not work at all.

4.  Cursor movement is laborious!  It is very, very difficult to move the cursor when you are using the calendar application.

Verizon needs to fix Samsung Intensity's calendars so that it is more user friendly, time efficient to input, and can order the events chronologically.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does Samsung Intensity Phone have an awful calendar???
Not applicable

While I sympathize with your problems, you need to realize that Verizon just provides the service for your phone.  I think you should be imploring Samsung or the designer of the operating system on your phone to make the calendar app more to your liking.

irritatedfromchicago

I agree with your comments so could you give me the contact information so that

I can give them my opinions.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Take your pick, many departments, and methods of contact.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact

Best of luck to you,

0 Likes
T_S_

I contacted Samsung via their chat line.  The representative admitted to all the problems listed above about the Calendar app on their Samsung Intensity III product .  Yet the rep also simply agreed to let her manager know about the problem.   But Samsung is  not willing to reimburse for the $35 return phone fee charge that Verizon charges for all returned phones from unsatisfied customers.  Also, the Samsung rep gave me the following contact information to escalate my grievance:

Stark:https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=1&tit...

Stark: You can contact our voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 9 PM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM (CST).

Essentially, the calendar app on Samsung Intensity III will not be fixed.

0 Likes
T_S_

It seems that both Samsung and Verizon do not take full responsibility for the poor calendar app on the Samsung Intensity II but rather attribute the responsibility to the other company.  Samsung reply to me that Verizon gave them directions as to how to format the calendar app is as follows:

"Thank you for your inquiry. we understand that you have concerns about not having a default ringtone for each different event, the order of the calendar event that you created on the phone, the delete option on the calendar event and the issue on the curser when you use the calendar event, and you have already contacted Samsung via chat line and we are not able to provide a reimbursement for the $35 return phone fee charge that verizon charges for all returned phone. We do apologize for the inconvenience that these issues might have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the many issues concerning your Samsung product. We appreciate hearing from our customers, as your comments are vital for us to continue improving our products, as well as our business. We appreciate your patronage here at Samsung Telecommunications and we strive for the best in customer satisfaction.

All Samsung products are manufactured to the specifications of the service provider for whom they are produced and we are unable to speculate when or if a software revision with this feature might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. And with regards on the rebate we apologize but Samsung is not proving rebate for return phone charge.

We will forward your feedback along to the appropriate parties for further review and consideration. Again, we thank you for comments and appreciate your patience and understanding in this.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Lea"

Technical Support

0 Likes