Why do I get an invalid number error when I try toaccess my voice mail?
cjl58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get to voicemail on my Samsung cell phone to hear my messages.  When I go to messaging and then to voicemail I'm told to press CALL to dial voicemail when I click OK I get an INVALID NUMBER message and it doesn't dial voicemail.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I Press OK to dial voicemail I get a screen saying invalid number and I can't access my voicemail. Why?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

GO in your contacts and look at the contact info for voicemail and see if it says *86 in there or some random number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When I Press OK to dial voicemail I get a screen saying invalid number and I can't access my voicemail.  Why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried dialing *86 to access the voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When I Press OK to dial voicemail I get a screen saying invalid number and I can't access my voicemail. Why?
cjl58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, but they rejected my password.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried changing the voicemail password through your MyVerizon account online?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cjl58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I did that and was able to hear my voice mails.  However, I still can't get to voicemail by choosing the CALL option on the cell phone like I previously could.

0 Likes
Re: When I Press OK to dial voicemail I get a screen saying invalid number and I can't access my voicemail.  Why?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the voicemail app or the dialer?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

GO in your contacts and look at the contact info for voicemail and see if it says *86 in there or some random number.

0 Likes
cjl58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked in my contacts and selected voicemail and there was no number there.  I added *86 and now it's working like it used to.  That was the correct answer.  Thank you very much.