Why Won't My LG Cosmos 3 Receive Media Messages?
CARWIC18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG Cosmos 3 and I'm having trouble receiving media messages.  Either I receive a message, and I do not get a notification - so I will open my message inbox hours or days after to see I have an unopened picture message - or my phone will attempt to receive a message and I'll get "Message Retrieval Cancelled."  When the latter happens, I can't see who was sending me the message, so I can't even call/text the sender and let them know I did not receive it.  I have already checked to make sure media message retrieval is on, deleted all other media messages, turned off auto signature, checked for software updates, and dialed *228 for a roaming update, just in case any of those made a difference.  Any other ideas?  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Cosmos 3 Won't Receive Media Messages
CARWIC18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up calling customer service and there was some type of data block on my account.  Since they have removed the block, everything has worked fine!  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to end the hassle you have to go through to retrieve your picture messages, CARWIC18. You've taken great troubleshooting steps. When either of these issues happen, have you noticed if it is in a certain area? Are there any blocks on the account for data? Can you access Mobile Web?

Please go to your Menu>Settings & Tools>Phone Settings>Security>Restrictions>Messages, and ensure that allow all is selected.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CARWIC18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up calling customer service and there was some type of data block on my account.  Since they have removed the block, everything has worked fine!  Thanks!

0 Likes