W385 Firmware
peltzf

What is the latest firmware for my old reliable Motorola W385 flip phone (that my employer provides)? I'm running with software version JFJKN1_01.16.00R. (I'm asking because I haven't been able to receive group nor MMS messages due to the dreaded 'NATIONAL ACCESS COVERAGE NOT AVAILABLE" error.)

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: W385 Firmware
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to send and received group messages peltz. I'm sorry you have issues with your phone. I show the last update for this phone is JFJKN1_01.16.00R   Where are you located (zip code) ? Do you have a  prepaid account or monthly billed account?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
peltzf

Thank you for the quick reply!  I'm impressed!

I'm in St. Louis, MO, USA; zip code = 63129, and this phone is part of a monthly billed account through my employer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Very much appreciated! Let’s keep working towards a solution. Do you only notice this issue in the previously provided zip code?  When did you first notice this issue beginning?

ChrisM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
peltzf

This problem occurs in all zip codes, not just my home zip code.  This issue began about one year ago, and I ignored it, dreaming that my employer might consider upgrading our phones. (Sadly, that dream was swiftly crushed.)  With a new battery my W385 remains an old reliable workhorse, performing well on Verizon's solid network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details peltzf. I understand how upsetting this has been for you.

Are you able to send a MMS or a group message? Are you authorized on the account so we can take a look and see if the service has been blocked?

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
peltzf

JohnB, I'm so sorry for my slowness to reply. It may not be obvious, but I do appreciate your help.

No, I cannot send MMS messages. However, I can send text messages (from number@vtext.com) to email addresses, and SMS messages to multiple mobile phone recipients.

I am not authorized on the account, but I have confirmed with my Telephony Support team that Data is blocked purposefully.

Is Data required to receive MMS and group iMessages? Is that the reason for the nonsensical "National Access Coverage Not Available" error message?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question about iMessages. Data is required to receive MMS in group iMessages. With your Telephony Sppuort team confirming that data is blocked this seems to be the issue. If you connect to wifi you shouldn't have any issue with sending or recieving MMS via iMessage.

JoelD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes