Volume on LG Octane
Sammer41

Is anyone else having problems with volume on LG Octane.  I can hear every other phone type but not this one on "HIGH" volume.  I am very disappointed in this phone and have to wonder if this is one of the reasons it has been discontinued.  I am stuck with this phone, which is useless to me until May 2013.  Needless to say I am not happy with this phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Volume on LG Octane
SharonC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had any problems with the volume on the LG Octane.    I can hear it ringing when it's in another room or when it's in my purse.  My ringer volume is loud on "HIGH".  I almost didn't get the Octane because I had read some complaints about the low volume.  I wonder if there is a speaker defect with some of them.  The only other reason for this that I can think of is that I have a protective cover on it so the phone doesn't completely close when shut.  The speakers are on the inside of the phone so perhaps this allows the sound to get out through the gap between the phone and the cover.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Yep on the old message boards there was a big long thread about this.  My friends on high I can't hear it in another room very well like I can on my ENV3 so that was  a deal braker for getting my husband one as his ENV2 was much louder.    Every phone I have owned the ringer on loud was always super louds compared to the octane in my opinion.  My friend has one built in tone that is a little louder than the rest so she is stuck just using that one unless she were to make a custom one in audacity and amplify it.   I ended up buying 2 ENV3's in like new condition for $10 each from a friend online so hubby got that and will keep the extra for spare in case mine dies as I don't like any of the dumb phones they have to offer now so waiting to see if something better comes along before we use our upgrades.  I just did not like the octane as well as the ENV3.    Mary

0 Likes
princess12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no problems with the ring volume. I have missed 2 calls but that was b/c I had it on vibrate, so not the phone's fault.

0 Likes