Transferring contacts from old flip phone
Flash515
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any way to retrieve/transfer contacts off an old Samsung flip phone to a new Samsung Convoy 2 flip phone when the old phone only powers up but won't give me a menu option (or anything for that matter - just a blank white screen).

This was an 81 y.o. woman whom I doubt used Backup Assistant, but shouldn't the contacts be stored on her old phone somewhere?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring contacts from old flip phone
laurenc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know how important it is to retain a contact list, Flash515. You mentioned the phone has a blank screen, was the device damaged in any way? Do you happen to know what happened to cause the blank screen by chance? In reference to restoring the contacts, you can definitely run the Backup Assistant program on the Convoy 2 to see if there was a backup performed in the past. Please follow this path to access Backup Assistant on the Convoy: Back Up Contacts - Backup Assistant - Samsung Convoy 2 | Verizon Wireless  . If a backup was previously performed on her number you will be prompted to enter the Backup Assistant PIN in in order to restore the contact list. You can view the PIN in My Verizon here if needed: View PIN - Verizon Cloud - Website | Verizon Wireless  .

If there is no backup we can definitely connect both phones in store for you and attempt a contact transfer. As long as the old phone is able to power on all the way and this is just an issue with the screen itself we will be able to move the contacts to the Convoy 2. We have the equipment needed at our Verizon corporate locations. You can use our Store Locator Verizon Stores Near Me | Verizon Wireless to find a store near you. I recommend filtering out agent locations by selecting the check box to Do Not Include Authorized Retailers to make things easier. Does this help clarify things for you?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's if they actually saved them on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
laurenc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know how important it is to retain a contact list, Flash515. You mentioned the phone has a blank screen, was the device damaged in any way? Do you happen to know what happened to cause the blank screen by chance? In reference to restoring the contacts, you can definitely run the Backup Assistant program on the Convoy 2 to see if there was a backup performed in the past. Please follow this path to access Backup Assistant on the Convoy: Back Up Contacts - Backup Assistant - Samsung Convoy 2 | Verizon Wireless  . If a backup was previously performed on her number you will be prompted to enter the Backup Assistant PIN in in order to restore the contact list. You can view the PIN in My Verizon here if needed: View PIN - Verizon Cloud - Website | Verizon Wireless  .

If there is no backup we can definitely connect both phones in store for you and attempt a contact transfer. As long as the old phone is able to power on all the way and this is just an issue with the screen itself we will be able to move the contacts to the Convoy 2. We have the equipment needed at our Verizon corporate locations. You can use our Store Locator Verizon Stores Near Me | Verizon Wireless to find a store near you. I recommend filtering out agent locations by selecting the check box to Do Not Include Authorized Retailers to make things easier. Does this help clarify things for you?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes