T2000 Home Phone
tc44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Purchased  a T2000 Home Phone in February 2019.   Initially was excellent however after 5 to 6 weeks began dropping calls.  Online support suggested to reset by powering down and disconnecting the battery.  This corrects the issue but happens again after several weeks.  Continue to reset the T2000 when this occurs.  Has anyone experienced this issue?  Does anyone have suggestions for a permanent fix?  Thanks in advance.  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: T2000 Home Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tc44, having issues with your T200 Home Phone can be frustrating, especially if its dropping calls consistently. We want to find a fix. Any recent changes (relocated the device, moved to a different area, etc.)? Does this happen to certain calls or all the calls? Any other problems (with voicemail, call forwarding, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tc44, having issues with your T200 Home Phone can be frustrating, especially if its dropping calls consistently. We want to find a fix. Any recent changes (relocated the device, moved to a different area, etc.)? Does this happen to certain calls or all the calls? Any other problems (with voicemail, call forwarding, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

Tags (1)
0 Likes
tc44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply.  Calls have dropped from a number of different areas, Illinois, Florida, New York etc.  Have moved the T2000 to an outside wall but issue continued.  Signal strength two to three bars.  No issues with voice mail.  

0 Likes
tc44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Added an external antenna to the T2000 to see if this will eliminate the dropping of calls.  The bars remain at two with and without the antenna.  Again will see if this will fix the problem.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tc44, 

We appreciate the information you've shared with us. Changing the location of where the Wireless Home Phone device is located in your home was a good idea. Let us know if the antenna provides any help. You mentioned that the calls are dropping from different areas like Illinois, Florida and New York. To confirm, are you traveling with the device or are those the areas your callers are contacting you from? Also, how long into the call do you get before it drops? 

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
Re. : T2000 Home Phone
Aunttin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a myriad of issues with my T2000 since we got in approximately six months ago. I am on the third unit. First one supposedly new, second and third are reconditioned. I have nearly ten pages of issues documented since 08/07/19.  I have dropped calls, unable to access voicemails, no dial tone after missed calls. It is very very frustrating. We have moved the box all over the house. It performs the same way regardless of where it is. Sometimes even when we are not making a call, or talking on a call all calls will go directly to voicemail after only 2 rings. We also call a number and it does not ring on our end but it will at the other end and they get a blank line, no noise and no call. Also sometimes while talking on the phone it will just drop the call and we get what used to be called a reorder tone or a circuit busy tone. The only thing that helps this situation is to turn off the unit and unplug it. We have had to do it nearly every day this month. My husband actually had a doctor's appointment get cancelled because when they caused to have him verify his attendance it went directly to voicemail but we were unable to access voicemail. This is terrible. We have had Verizon cell service for a long, long time and we are no longer under contract for that. I am ready to file a complaint with the PUCO. We also were told we would get a $20 credit on our bill because it took 5 days to get a replacement unit. Very disappointing.

Re: Re. : T2000 Home Phone
PhilMo2
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are NOT alone with this unreliable box. Ours does everything that you documented. This is our second box. put a bigger antenna on it.................still drops calls, no studder when we have voicemail.

I wish I had my old "Home Phone Connect".  Verizon said this was an upgrade. What a laugh. 

Called tech support., That did NOT help. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having issues with your Home Phone Connect unit is never ideal. We definitely want to get to the bottom of your dropped calls. What is the zip code and the nearest intersection of the location of the box? - GregL_VZW

0 Likes