Re: Smaller flip phones needed!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration as it relates to the retirement of our 3G network, bewilder. It is a continuing process as things are changing with how phones work and the technology behind them. We have announced this action well over two years ago and working to help those customers with 3G devices to transition over to a 4G/LTE device. Here's a link that goes over just one of many postings about this subject. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/

Also, to your point of needing smaller flip phones, we do offer quality handheld 4G basic phones that are similar to the previous 3G phones that currently have limitations as the network improves with better service. Here's a link to our 4G basic phone line up that will give you better options https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/ Does this information shed some light on the situation?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

No Edwin, that does not shed any light on the situation. Its just a link to the exact same LARGER 4G phones that people are complaining are TOO LARGE.

And as I explained, Verizon did not keep customers informed. If Verizon had told me BEFORE the 3G activation deadline last spring that they were going to decide LATER to keep 3G for an extra year, I could have bought and activated a new 3G phone like I wanted to.  When Verizon decided to extend 3G, they should have extended the 3G activation date too.

bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

Is Verizon doing anything to help ensure that those of us who don't want larger phones have smaller options at the end of 3G service? 

mama23dogs
Legend

The website shows LTE flip phones   Lte flip phones 

Or the itty bitty palm.    Palm smartphone 

someone recommended the Light phone   Light phone 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We offer a small selection of flip phones. Please click the link https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

its like talking to myself in here. I know where to find the existing flip phones, we've been through 4 pages of complaints about them and multiple links to them in this thread.

The question was is Verizon doing anything to help those of us who don't want to use any of those LARGER phones.  The answer, clearly, is NO.

mama23dogs
Legend

@bewilder wrote:

its like talking to myself in here. I know where to find the existing flip phones, we've been through 4 pages of complaints about them and multiple links to them in this thread.

The question was is Verizon doing anything to help those of us who don't want to use any of those LARGER phones.  The answer, clearly, is NO.

The battery on LTE phones does not last long enough for a smaller phone to be an option.  The one week between charges is now one day, maybe 2 days.    Thats why the phones are bigger, to accommodate a battery large enough to last all day.  
manufacturers aren't going to make them smaller, because then everyone will complain about battery life (more than they do now). 

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

You don't seem to have a dog in this fight but you seem intent on defending whatever Verizon does or doesn't do that people are complaining about.

People are never far from ways to charge their phone these days. The charging issue is a red herring. Good grief, I am living and working on a remote mountaintop an hour from the nearest small town on a 300 watt solar system. Charging my employer-provided smart phone every single day (sometimes twice!) is hardly difficult or an inconvenience for me, and most people have far more options than I do. I have a single usb port to charge my work phone and my verizon flipper, 7 days a week!  It has never been a problem!

mama23dogs
Legend

For YOU.    I still don’t understand why a 1/4 inch is such a big deal.  It’s literally only 1/4 inch longer based on all the ‘right size’ phones people don’t want to give up.  

BTW, I own a Palm, with mophie pack.  Lasts all day.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The great thing is that Verizon offers a variety of devices in several sizes to meet our customer's needs. Having the right device is essential. Wouldn't you agree? I'm "Old school." I still like holding a device in my hand when choosing the one that meets my needs. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes