Re: Smaller flip phones needed!
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

No, Corey, that wasn't beneficial.  In case you haven't been following people have been complaining for months that their small, compact 3G phones will no longer work soon and they will be forced to buy a larger phone that they don't want.  Linking to the very phones we are complaining about is not helpful.  I'm not sure how you could think that was helpful unless you aren't paying attention.

What would be helpful is not forcing us to buy larger phones, or switch carriers. Its not a difficult concept but Verizon doesn't seem to grasp it or they just don't care that they are going to lose those customers.  After all, we are in the minority. I can 100% guarantee that I will be leaving Verizon if something doesn't change in this regard in the next 60 days. 

deloused
Master - Level 3

Most people don’t want small flip phones, it’s time to face the music

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not a sheep, and don't care what most people want. I'm not the only person who wants a small flip phone, by any means. I didn't start this thread.

In response to a previous post, I have found no evidence that AT&T shutdown of 3G has already begun, or that it will begin in the immediate future. 

mama23dogs
Legend

@bewilder wrote:

In response to a previous post, I have found no evidence that AT&T shutdown of 3G has already begun, or that it will begin in the immediate future. 

How about AT&T’s own statement.   https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-plans-to-shutdown-its-3g-network-in-2022/

In some markets, it may be necessary for us to turn down one band of our owned and operated 3G network, such as 1900 MHz or 850 MHz service, ahead of February 2022.”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, bewilder. I will be sure to share it with our leadership team so that they can pass it onto our partnered device manufacturers. Please continue to use the link we provided earlier to view our latest basic phone offerings. GregL_VZW

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

I switched to AT&T. I can still use smaller 3G phones with AT&T.   They have no plans to stop activating 3G phones in the near future and their 3G phones will be good for 2 more years.  Maybe by then the 4g phones will be smaller.  From what I can tell the phone service is about the same as Verizon, and their customer service is every bit as bad too.  the only drawback I've found, other than that, is that I either have to pay $5 more a month in order to have data for sending/receiving pictures that Verizon provides at no extra charge, or go on autopay which would then make my bill 30 dollars again just like Verizon.  So I will probably go on autopay even though I don't want to.

mama23dogs
Legend

3 months is "near future"?

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-plans-to-shutdown-its-3g-network-in-2022/
https://dmp.com/2019/5/22/Key_Dates_for_AT%26amp%3BT%2C_Verizon_3G_Network_Shutdown
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1324171
fact is there is already reports on the AT&T forum of people who have lost voice calls on phones that are not capable of voice over LTE, or phones that are still operating only on 3G.  For example iPhone 5s, and unlocked smartphones like Moto 5g plus. 
I'm sure they told you there was no shut down in the foreseeable future.   They get to steal a Verizon customer.  Geesh, you can't trust At&t. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

A539780D-0AB2-4FCB-BFF3-45C624887184.jpeg

0 Likes
bewilder
Contributor - Level 1

First of all, you haven't posted anything here that contradicts what I said. It sounds to me like you are interested in scare tactics, either because you have something against AT&T or because you have some vested interest in Verizon.

There is nothing in what you posted or the FAQ that it links to, about shutting down anything in 3 months. The forum post you imaged says nothing that links that one user's problems to wider problems associated with the migration away from 4G.   If such proof exists, I'd be happy to see it.  But one customer having problems with one phone on one tower is hardly reason for me to worry, and it doesn't contradict anything AT&T has said.

I am a prepaid customer so if I find out that AT&T no longer meets my needs, it takes a few minutes to switch back to Verizon and the horrible, bulky piece of junk Kyocera Cadence with no text mail boxes that I already wasted money on.

Lastly, the post you imaged here is your own post on the AT&T forum. You are lizdance40 on that forum.  So you are basically passing off your own comments on another forum as some sort of expert commentary on what AT&T is doing or will do.  While there may be a shred of truth in it, ie AT&T may indeed shut down 3G on some towers before 2022, we already knew that and its hardly something to be overly concerned about until it happens. If I find it to be bothersome, then I have a decision to make. Again, no big deal.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The image posted is not my comment?   Look again.  
My only interest in seeing that accurate information is posted, and yours is not  accurate. The 3G shut down is already happening and no new activations will be allowed three months from now, February of 2020.  
It may be no big deal for you as a prepaid customer with a flip phone.  It would be a very big deal for a customer who moved over and bought an expensive non-AT&T branded android phone and then found out that it couldn't be used for voice calls, or not activated at all.  

0 Likes