Scam robocall from a Verizon telephone number?
ELIBOA18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been on the "Do not Call" list ever since I got this number. This evening I got a call from a 719- [Removed] number- a "Cellco Partnership"/Verizon Wireless number. It was a robocall saying I can get Marriott points.

I tried but I could not find anything on the Verizon website that had a statement of service for a Verizon number and what would constitute a violation and get them kicked off.

1) Anyone know how to report this to Verizon Wireless/Cellco ?
2) Any way this number could be flagged as a robocall and be blocked from all those on the do not call list?

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Scam robocall from a Verizon telephone number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand not wanting to receive spam calls. Please add the number to your block list from your MyVerizon. You can also blacklist the number on your specific phone.

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stopping unwanted calls is a must, ELIBOA18. That is indeed strange that you received a robocall from us. Let's get to the bottom of this. I do know that you have to register your number on the "Do Not Call" list every so often. When was the last time you registered your number? How often are you getting this call?

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ELIBOA18
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was not a robocall that said that they were from Verizon. This was a robocall from a telephone number provided by Verizon / Cellco Partnership.

I have been on the "do not call" list with this telephone number ever since I got it 2 years ago. The number of scam calls I have gotten since I moved here is at least 5 times higher than I have ever had in the other places I have lived.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand not wanting to receive spam calls. Please add the number to your block list from your MyVerizon. You can also blacklist the number on your specific phone.

TylerK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mcabc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Robocalls have rotary numbers, I thought Verizon is offering app for free to stop those calls?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to have tools available to help with unwanted calls, Mcabc. We now offer Free Spam Detection, Spam Filtering, and Spam Reporting through our app: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ Other features are also available at a premium. If you have any questions, please feel free to message us on Twitter @vzwsupport or visit us at www.facebook.com/verizon  EricW_VZW

0 Likes
rundlec
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also concerned about all the robocalls/spam calls that I receive so why is the Free Spam Detection, Spam Filtering, and Spam Reporting NOT offered for Samsung phones on the Verizon plan? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rundelc, 

We know that having options to block unwanted calls is important. Good news, the Verizon Wireless Call Filter is available on supported Samsung devices, most already come preloaded with the Call Filter app and a 10-day trial of the paid service with each device purchase. Click here to see if your device is supported http://spr.ly/6605Eb0SV . If your Samsung device is supported, please locate the call filter application on the device. Open the Call Filter application>Tap Account>Tap Subscription status>Tap Subscribe now. Does this help?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
DoctorDea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get plenty of these spam robocalls from "Cellco Partnership dba Verizon." It is obvious these are robocalls as the numbers have the exact same area code and the first 3 digits of my cell phone. Unfortunately the spammers will hit me with different numbers each time, so blocking an individual spam number with my Truecaller blocking app won't fix the problem. I just know to silence any call that comes from a number with my area code and the first 3 digits of my cell number. The robocaller never leaves a voice mail. 

It is my hope Verizon can work with the "Cellco Partnership" and root out the spam companies generating these calls. Since these numbers are obviously spoofed, perhaps the new stir/shaken protocol that's been implemented can help block such calls.

0 Likes