Samsung SCH-U450 "Message Failed" when trying to text
Fully

Received a basic phone for my son.  Calls are fine, but receive error when trying to sent texts.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung SCH-U450 "Message Failed" when trying to text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want your son to be able to send text messages Fully! Is your phone on prepaid or postpaid service? I understand that an error message is displayed when sending, is he able to receive messages? Do you have a text messaging plan on his line? What is your ZIP code?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Samsung SCH-U450 "Message Failed" when trying to text
Fully

Antonio, I was able to online chat with Verizon Support and get the phone working.  Since the line was initially setup for a home phone base unit that did not have VM and Text, it appears the tech in store did not configure the device correctly when I transferred the number.  Luckily the online support through the chats are more detailed than what I got in store.  Now everything is working correctly.  Thank you for the response!

0 Likes