Samsung Intensity III screen glitches out and freezes with white screen
Opossum1988

My daughter's Samsung Intensity III will periodically begin to start glitching out, like Max Headroom, and then eventually the screen will turn completely white and become unresponsive, requiring removal of the battery, sometimes the micro SD card, sometimes requiring a reset, sometimes a combination of all 3.  Phone has not been abused, dropped in water, or anything that can be directly attributed to the phone beginning to behave erratically.  I've attempted over and over to perform a software upgrade over the air, but the software update server is always listed as "SERVER UNAVAILABLE".  I think they turned off support for basic phones.  I've attempted to force even writing the current version of firmware via USB as I used to do on my LG Cosmos Touch to fix intermittent problems, but that software for the Samsung has never worked.

Anybody else experience similar issues, if so, were you able to correct them and what did you do to correct them?  Thanks a bunch.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III screen glitches out and freezes with white screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Opossum1988, your daughter's device sounds possessed! Is there any physical or liquid damage on it? Has she had this device for more than a year? Your final resort to fixing these issues would be to hard reset it which deletes everything and reverts it back to the original factory settings. For your convenience, I've provided the steps below. Keep us posted. 

• From the main screen, press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose MENU.

• Select Settings & Tools then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

• Select Phone Settings then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

• Select Security then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

• Enter the Code. (The default code is the last 4 digits of the phone number).

• Select Restore Phone then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

• Select Yes then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

• Press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

• Enter the Code. (The default code is the last 4 digits of the phone number).

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes
Opossum1988

No water damage, the moisture detector stickers are all in tact, No other type of physical damage either, still looks like new.  I tried the hard reset previously and it did not correct the problem.  I cannot try it again since we can no longer see anything on the screen.  The phone is less than 1 year old.  The screen has since gone to just a white display all the time now, so it is now essentially useless.  I could not locate any warranty information on this, but this definitely seems like a manufacturing defect in the phone so I'm hoping that your question about being less than 1 year could be in reference to a 1 year warranty on the device.  Looks like I may need to take it into a local Verizon store and see what they can do in person. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Opossum1988,

Thanks for the additional response. I definitely want to make sure this is addressed and resolved immediately. We recommend taking the device to your local VZW Store for evaluation. Please keep us posted after completing, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes