Samsung Intensity II
oneline180
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has been acting up as well since the week after I got it back in September of last year.

-It was fine for the first week battery seemed normal, no glitches, charged properly, it would last 3-4 days with no issues.

Then I did a software update on the phone and that's when it started to drain ridiculously fast no matter how much I tried to make it save energy. I have to charge it at least once per day, sometimes two or three times b/c it just doesn't last.

-I went in right as soon as I noticed the problem to the Verizon store in my area and they said to me, "That's normal. There's nothing we can do about it." I even talked to the manager and they were not willing to simply swap out the battery to see if it would help.

-I bought a car charger for it and have had to continually charge it at all times of day so I don't get stuck somewhere without a phone. Even then it still dies on me suddenly for no reason. I've put the brightness settings to the lowest possible and it seems to make the problem worse. For some reason it likes the middle setting best, but even then the battery does not last much longer, probably an hour more tops, and that's if I don't touch it at all.

-My phone has also been acting up when trying to see/open/respond to text messages, as well as to open the menu to change anything regarding system settings. It has frozen on me for over 30 seconds before, sometimes I just get fed up with it and pull off the battery b/c it will not respond to anything. Three times it has shut off on me when opening up a text message. It's as though it can't think fast enough to open and just gives up.
- I've had it tell me it was fully charged before and the unit signals the "low battery" noise/screen display and it turns off.

I recently read on another thread that the SD card might be the culprit. I am currently trying this and if it helps then there's something wrong with the phone and it needs to be fixed/repaired.

Is anyone else having issues with their batteries, or their screens locking up, or the phone shutting off after you try to view a text message? Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity II
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi oneline180,

I understand your discontent; I use my phone constantly during the day and I would not be very happy if I experienced the issues outlined on your post. I understand that most issues started after a software update. Please note that while not a popular troubleshooting step, doing a factory reset has resolved most post software update issues for other customers included the issues outlined on your post.

Please do a Factory Reset and keep us posted, I'm confindent that your phone's performance will greatly improve after factory reset.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
NAVYWIFE

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS FINDING SOMETHING TO REMOVE MY CASES ON MY PHONE .SAMUNG U450. I SAW SOMETHING ON LINE ONEDAY ,WHEN I WAS ONLINE SO CAN YOU HELP ME FIND SOMETHING TO HELP ME REMOVE MY CASES WITHOUT BRAKEN THEM. THANK YOU NAVYWIFE

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buy better cases - I find the inexpensive plastic cases go on quite well, but getting them off is tricky, and can result in cracked or broken cases.

I spent some decent money and got an OtterBox - much more protection, the plastic is more flexible so it is more easily removed, and the fit is perfect.  It's not as pretty, but it's functional.

If you want a pretty plastic case with "bling" - it's likely at the price of fit or convenience (it doesn't remove easily!)

0 Likes
FredZ

Have lost the ability to use the Samsung Intensity II Bluetooth function when in my vehicle.  Purchased the Intensity II in June of 2011 and it's bluetooth worked correctly when pairing it with my car.  Last week I lost the ability to use the Intensity II via my 2011 Hyundai Genesis.  I've tried several times to re-pair the phone to the vehicle without success.  We have paired two other phones successfully with the car, but the Intensity II is non-functional (Bluetooth).

What actions can be taken to correct this anomaly?

With the lose of the Bluetooth function I'm unable to use the phone while in the car.  I drive extensively in MD and PA and both of these states have state laws that prohibit the driver of a vehicle to text or converse using a hand held (Intensity II) devise.  With the Bluetooth capability I am able to legally use the phone.  Unfortunately the phone is useless to me while I'm traveling.

0 Likes
FredZ

Appears Samsung downloaded an upgrade to the Intensity II (and probably other Samsung's) and this knocked out the Bluetooth capability on my phone.  Went to the Verizon Store that I purchased the phone from and they reloaded the phone (assume using old software) which took about 15 minutes.  The phone's Bluetooth capability has been restored and I'm able to use the phone in my car. 

0 Likes
elizjesse

Great! I just got the Intensity II yesterday as a Asurion replacement phone. I fully charged the battery late yesterday afternoon. By 6 am this morning, the stupid thing was already beeping at me (low battery) and I didn't even use it!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi elizjesse,

I don't want the trouble with the phone quickly dying to continue for you. You mentioned the device has already been replaced, has the battery? It may the battery itself that has the trouble. The batteries include a one year warranty so please let us know if you're still in this time so we can review your options.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
elizjesse

Hi Maria,

Asurion did send me another battery and the phone did the same thing--the battery died within a few hours with no use. I think it is the phone that is bad. Asurion has since sent me a new phone-- an Intensity III. It is working well.

Thank-you,

Elizabeth

0 Likes