Samsung Brigtside - VZ Navigator "This App Has Expired"
csonis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the new update for the Samsung Brightside phone today.

TY Verizon!

But I tried using "VZ Navigator"and it now tells me "This App Has Expired" when accessing it from my main menu screen.

So I tried going into the App Store and DELETED VZ Navigator and then did a clean install of VZ Navigator (v. 6.5.1 Build 26)

That didn't work, but I can access the app by going into MEDIA CENTER > APPS and then clicking on VZ Navigator, but that's a royal pain in the <edited for language>.

I also looked within VZ Navigator under MENU > ADVANCED > MY ACCOUNT and it shows that my account is "active".

So at this point I'm completely lost as to how to fix this accessing issue from the main screen tiles.

Thanks

Craig

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brigtside - VZ Navigator "This App Has Expired"
AndersonCooper

I am experiencing the same problem! Any solutions?

0 Likes
Verijon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having this problem.  The problem seems to have been caused by the phone's software update that occurred automatically on June 1st.  Classic Verizon fixing one software problem by creating another.  I know the update likely came from Samsung, but VZ Navigator is Verizon's baby, so I blame them.  A few weeks ago, I saw some message about how Verizon basic data plans were changing on June 1st so perhaps it has something to do with that change.  I wonder if they'll provide a fix in timely manner...

killerdroid1990

Call verizon off of a house phone or another phone on the account remove the VZ Nav App and have Verizon push u a new one or have them tell u the full app restore code for that perticular app because I had a Problum with my Backup assist on my Pantech Jest 2 and they gave me the reset code to the app and it works Perfictally Hope this help Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bakker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this issue fix it verizon pls

gmehrkens
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem as well, glad to know Im not the only one.

Samsung Brigtside - VZ Navigator "This App Has Expired"
csonis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Little update (but nothing helpful though).

Went to my local Verizon store.  Was able to replicate the problem for the customer service rep there (can access VZ navigator from the Apps screen, but not to pre-programed tile).  She backed my files and did a hard reset.  No luck.

She then called Verizon's central customer service number (or whoever she has access to as an employee of Verizon) and they tried to do something that would reset the phone. Still nothing.

Both customer service reps stated that there was nothing in their computer systems with this being reported as a problem. So I asked them to officially log it since the Verizon CS rep in front of me was in fact duplicating the issue.

Last resort at this point was to send me a refurbished phone with factory stoftware. 

Phone arrived today (and it looked nice too for a refurbished phone).  Followed everything inside to activate this new phone and it's still showing "This App has Expired". So just to try something I uninstalled VZ navigator, rebooted the phone, and then re-downloaded the application. Still no change.

I like the VZ navigator but this is frustrating.

Just wanted to let people know here what i've tried so that they don't spin their wheels doing something that isn't needed.

I'll go back to the Verizon store tomorrow..

Any other experiences please post.

0 Likes
GinoSylum
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are looking for a helpful fix, i would say don't use VZ Navigator... Google Maps and Google Navigation are both 100% free (on the market if you don't have them) and can be fully integrated into your phone.. They work PERFECTLY. Been using them for years (on mutable phones) and have never had a single issue.  Give them a try.

0 Likes
csonis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but can google maps/navigation work with a phone like the Brightside, which has Internet Access but NOT like a Smart Phone that is always on?  I don't think so.

0 Likes
WAWeech

I have the exact same problem. Does Verizon monitor these message boards?

0 Likes