Samsung Brightside
misscarolb

My Samsung Brightside is under contract until May. The call waiting feature has stopped allowing me to see who is calling and won't show a screen so that I can accept a call.  Once I end the original call I get the missed call icon and only then can I see who called. Also the phone stopped downloading any picture texts I receive and I have a 'hit or miss'  when sending picture texts.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi misscarolb!

I'm sorry to learn of any issues with your Samsung Brightside and the caller ID feature. Please allow me to clarify and ask you a couple of questions, OK? Do you mean that when a call comes in while already on a call, the screen is black and you can't see the call until your current call has ended?
I'd also like to ask how long you have had the issue with picture messaging? Please send a picture message to your own cell phone number and see what happens. This tests both incoming and outgoing calls.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
misscarolb

The screen is not black. The screen shows the active call. I can hear the tone alerting me that there is another call coming. The screen does not change to allow me to tap it to accept the new call. When I end the active call my phone shows the missed call icon, only then can I see who was calling. Thank you.

Carol

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

misscarolb,

Thank you for the additional details. Have you tried to power your phone off and remove the battery then test the call waiting again? http://vz.to/13z8nJ7  Have you changed any settings on the phone or done any software updates on the phone around the time the issue began?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
misscarolb

Thanks for your response. I changed some things on the phone..the call waiting and picture message is ok for now. Thanks again

Carol

0 Likes