Re: Samsung Brightside? Until they fix DO NOT BUY
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

the calendar and the alarm are still not working. I got ANOTHER letter from Verizon claiming it still denies any problems (EVER) with the Samsung Brightside even though I spoke to a Verizon employee in Illinois who stated to me that Verizon is and HAS been most definitely aware of calendar/alarm issues with the Samsung Brightside and these very problems are documented in a Verizon employee problem blog! God forbid Verizon comes out and says "yep, there are problems" - that would be admitting that it LIED from the beginning! And apparently the store from which I purchased my phone is a FAKE Verizon store because the guy to whom I brought my phone in 2x never documented my complaints (and he was supposed to do that call Tech Support BOTH TIMES) so the Verizon suit who wrote me the letter claims "there is no record of you filing any complaint" and "there is no record of you ever going to a Verizon store with your phone issues" and blah blah blah. He still wanted to send me yet another reconditioned refurbished 'like new" POS Samsung Brightside - SERIOUSLY? What does THAT tell you? A "like new" but not a brand NEW phone. That tells me that Verizon absolutely UNDENIABLY knows and HAS KNOWN there is a problem with the Samsung Brightside. Look up "firmware" - it's a defective hardware chip and companies will avoid acknowledging THIS problem because it would mean a total recall on ALL products with a firmware problem and loss of millions of dollars of revenue. I wonder if this is the problem with the Brightsides (which would mean Verizon is knowingly selling a defective product) -- the software update did nothing to fix the calendar and alarm issues.

I may end up just filing a million dollar lawsuit against the store here in my town (the fake Verizon store according to the Verizon employee who wrote me that letter) and Verizon itself for lying to me and sending me BS corporate suit pencil pushing letters where it denies there is ANYTHING wrong or EVER has been anything wrong with the Samsung Brightside phone and selling defective phones to sucker consumers who have no idea there is anything wrong.

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

nope my phone did not get any updates and my calendar and alarm features still aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing.

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

no automatic updates have been done to my Samsung Brightside ....

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

since March 11 my calendar feature and my alarm feature have not worked and still do not function as Verizon advertised and stated when this phone was purchased brand new.

0 Likes
email4kh

So, are you saying that you didn't get any updates, and that your calendar and alarm features don't work?

Is that what you're saying?

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

I did not receive any updates, and my calendar and alarm features have never worked since the day I bought this phone. Verizon will not fix it, nor give me a BRAND NEW PHONE. It has also denied that there were ever any problems with the Samsung Brightside but as per my above post, a Verizon employee completely contradicts what the "suit" told me over the phone and in writing.

0 Likes
csonis
Enthusiast - Level 2

To get the update goto:

Settings

9) Phone Info

4) Software Update

2) Check new

It will then tell you if there is an update ready for you.

I just did it an am now running "SAMSUNG_U380_FD03_CommercialPackage"

Code: 200 (I'm guessing this means the update was successful)

Hope this helps.

Craig

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

it is now June 5th and my Calendar Function still does not work. This has been ongoing since March 11, 2012 and Verizon STILL FAILS TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SAMSUNG BRIGHTSIDE!!!!! The Mass. Attorney General's office has advised me that I am free to pursue a civil lawsuit against the store at which I purchased my phone and also against Verizon. The mediator also stated that anyone in Massachusetts who is having the identical problems with the Samsung Brightside can file a formal complaint against Verizon and if she receives enough of the SAME complaints, she will then initiate a full investigation. How many people have bought this phone and have been denied a refund; denied a new phone that WORKS and have been told "too bad, so sad?" I bought this phone brand new and I am stuck with this POS! The Alarm started to go off two days ago (after not working since March 11th) but who knows how long that will last!

This is so frustrating that Verizon will not address this problem and even worse that David H. DENIED that there was any problem with this phone even though it's well documented on an internal Verizon employee problem blog according to a VERIZON EMPLOYEE!!!!

ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

0 Likes
Y1

I have not had a problem with the calendar or the alarms so far. I use the alarms for the morning.

0 Likes
PMack62
Contributor - Level 1

you are LUCKY! you should read through all the posts from consumers who have had -- and are CONTINUING to have problems with this cell phone!

0 Likes