Re: Samsung Brightside Software Update 31 May 12
tlc33

Okay, so ignore the last post by me, I have figured out the solution, it took forever to figure out and I did it on my own free will, I would also like to point out that I was searching each and every day to get this update! Okay so do at your own risk. But if you have a memory card then you should be fine, just make sure everything is saved to your card that you want, another good idea would be to backup your contacts using backup assistant. Okay so first thing you can try that might work would be a soft reset. Turn off phone, take out the battery, leave it out for 30 seconds or so then put back in and search for the update. If this doesn't work try the reset settings, go to the settings menu, phone settings, security, then choose option 6; "reset settings." Then again search for update. If this doesn't work (both didn't work for me) then follow the same procedures again, accept in the security menu, choose restore phone. After you restore it and call activation and it reprograms, go under your messaging settings and switch to T9, DO NOT GO TO SEARCH FOR NEW SOFTWARE! The T9 should be working now, along with all other problems that were fixed. After a few minutes of letting sit and being used, finally go to Phone Info, Software Update, Status, and there now should be the "Commercial Package." You are now done, you can setup the rest of your phone and continue on with the features it should have orignally had. Your Welcome!

0 Likes
deppgirl

I have the same issue. I have the T9 problem and I just get the "connecting" screen when I try to find the new software. I've even done the above mentioned about restoring and resetting the phone which doesn't help with finding the software but it does fix the T9 problem for about 2 weeks until I have to restore it again.

Just today I decided to contact Samsung about the T9 issue and the software update and I got a reply saying that the current software running on the phone is u380.EK05 and that there is no such update for my phone and to basically stop using T9 and I won't have a problem.

Talk about frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Deppgirl,

Good morning. Not being able to use the T9 feature on your phone has to be frustrating. It will be my pleasure to assist you regarding your messaging concerns.

The latest software your phone should be on is u380.MB1. This software update will also fix the T9 iss you are experiencing. If you are unable to download the newest software, please ensure you have enough memory on your phone. If you have a memory card, please transfer pictures, music, videos, etc. to your memory card. It has been know for the software not to download if there is not enough memory.

To initiate the software download to your phone, navigate to settings>Phone Info>Software Update>Check new.

If you are still experiencing difficulites with downloading the new software, please feel free to reach out to use. We will be happy to assist you in further troubleshooting. Have a great weekend.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
deppgirl

Thank you MichelleS. Just today I plugged my phone into my computer and it randomly said I had a new software update and updated it. The only thing is it's still not the most recent update but hopefully it is one that will fix the T9 problem.  The current software on my phone now is u380.ff01

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deppgirl, I'm glad you were able to update the software of your device!  Although the one you're currently running is not the most recent, it was published after the T9 issue was resolved.  You should not experience the T9 problem again.  I suggest reprogramming your device by dialing *228 Option 1, then power cycle the device.  After that's completed, I recommend checking for another update http://vz.to/10i7Qoi.  Let me know how that works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
deppgirl

Thank you. I did that and it didn't work. It's like when I try to connect

to find the software my phone won't connect and just says "Connecting"

forever. I can't even get a "status" because it never connects to anything.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes