Samsung Brightside Software Update 31 May 12
fistigons

I just received a software update on my Samsung Brightside yesterday and was wondering if there was any way to find out what was changed/updated?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Software Update 31 May 12
Branson

I also did the update on my phone last night. The only thing wrong I've encountered with this phone is that it resets itself when I try to T9 text from the front of the phone.  Since the update, I am now able to T9 text from the front without it resetting itself.

0 Likes
guidryy

I have my messages in contact view, and with one of my contacts it would take 10 seconds to load our 300+ conversation. The update had fixed that issue and now I dont have to wait for the conversation to load. Another fix I've noticed is that the font in the conversations appear smaller. Before they were much larger, which had definitely bothered me. My T9 is also fixed now too.

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

Got the update as well! T9 problem has been fixed!

0 Likes
fistigons

See everybody Verizon and Samsung listen.  It just takes them a long time.

0 Likes
cinderblock

Was hoping they would make a camera flash available with the update Smiley Sad

anyone know if there's an app to make the camera flash?

0 Likes
kikikins92

Does anyone know how to get the update on my phone? I went to settings and phone info and when I tried to get the new update all my phone screen says is it is connecting, but I let it try to connect for over 7 minutes and it just doesn't do anything. I also am not sure how to tell if it updates automatically. I appreciate the help!

0 Likes
fistigons

The phone doesn't have a flash installed on it.  A software update would not be able to help with that.  You would need to by a phone with a flash on it.

0 Likes
fistigons

You go into settings.  Then go in to Phone Info(9). then select Software Update(4). You then can select Status(1) .  If it says SAMSUNG_U380_FD03 with Code 200, then you should have the most current software.  If not then go back to the Software Update select Check New (2).  Make sure you have about 2 bars in the 3G selection and it should start to update.  If yours is not updating maybe you have the data part of the phone blocked.  My phone updated the software automatically, but my wife's did not.  I had to update it manually.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
tlc33

Mine also has the problem with "just connecting." I called up Verizon Customer Service because both my friends with the same phone had theirs updated, and mine wouldn't or couldn't get it. I would like to point out I am still waiting for the update, but have found out why some people like me cannot get it yet. The update goes out in so called waves. So depending on how early or late you recieved your phone, and the model type is when you get the update. I recieved the phone only a few days after it came out so there for I probably will be one of the last people to get it. The guy told me that it has been out for 2 weeks and could last up to another full week, or two for all people to recieve the update. So be patient, unfortunately I bought the phone for the easy touch screen use and haven't been able to use it, but in a few days I will be able too.

0 Likes