Samsung Brightside Email
mneal

I have not been able to get my Charter email working on my Samsung Brightside. I took the phone back to Costco and they were not able to get it working either. Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside Email
LITH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I got the Samsung Brightside in April 2012, I have had constant problems with email. And, I have talked to atleast 15 Verizon customer service people and NO ONE can fix it!!!

1. Emails won't send. (THIS IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM!)

2. Emails come through three to four hours after I receive them on my laptop.

I need to be able to send messages from my phone. It is counter-productive, time-consuming, and costs me more money to use my Verizon wi-fi card to simply respond to an email from my laptop.

I would greatly appreciate someone from Verizon being able to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LITH,

We definitely want you to have the service you need and expect on your phone. Mobile Email on this phone isn't as quick and fast as a smartphone experience but should get the job done for email communication. I have researched on Charter's site and I ask that you verify the settings are correct as they require http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=2234#mobiledevice. They don't describe the setup through Mobile Email as it isn't one of the more in demand services offered but I recommend you view the instructions and guides on http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/features/data_services/mobile_email.html to make sure you have the correct "retrieve" time set to get the emails to appear faster than 3-4 hours. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LITH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response, Maria.

I tried the settings you sent but they don't work.

And, I have email from Comcast (not from Charter).

Do you have the settings for Comcast??

Thanks,

LITH

0 Likes
gwynvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have a similar problem with my husbands Brightside. The timing of when he receives emails isn't consistent. We don't expect it to be as fast as a "smart" phone but it should be fairly consistent and not hours after it comes in on his email through laptop. Also he is unable to reply to some emails. Sometimes it at least tells him it wont go through but other times it acts as though it went through but it is never received on the other end. He has figured out that he is unable to send an email to Hotmail accounts for some reason. He receives them but can't reply or send a new one. A problem since some of his coaches and players have Hotmail accounts. A bigger problem when he thinks he is communicating with them (they are getting his replies) and it isn't going through. The phone has other issues as well but this is a biggie and applies to this thread. I talked to someone at Verizon about this and gave him the message my husband sometimes gets when trying to send to Hotmail (notice sometimes). I was told after quite a bit of time on the phone and on hold, they would need to look into it further and contact Hotmail and would get back to me. That was well over a month ago. Frustrating paying for service we don't get and being stuck with this phone for a year and a half or so... It also reboots itself for no reason and makes random calls because the lock disengages when an email comes through. Sorry didn't mean to bring up more issues here. Just figured since this issue is similar and a Verizon support person is following it wuld be a good conversation to get in on. Thanks for letting me bardge in LITH hope it gets resolved for you.

0 Likes
bob2med

Just got my wife a Brightside and cannot get Comcast Email to work.  Went to Best Buy where I purchased the phone and they could not get it to work either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for posting within our community, bob2med!
Have you been able to confirm your email settings with Comcast?
Once they have been verified as far as the incoming & outgoing settings, you should add the email account to the phone.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bob2med

All settings were confirmed. It just does not work. Geek Squad at Best Buy couldn’t get it to work either.

0 Likes
gwynvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

What exactly is wrong with my issues? I have posted in two places where Verizon Customer Support has been active but you choose to skip over me? I spent a lot of time trying to be descriptive about our issues and non attacking (the way others have been, not necessarily in this thread) but I am ignored. I don't get it. I certainly have no issue with bob2med's issues being addressed and hope he get's them fixed but why wouldn't you respond to me as well? My post was on the 12th his the 18th. First the tech I speak with on the phone says he will get back to me and never does and now two Customer (that's me a customer with multiple lines) Support people who seem to be tracking this thread and the same or others active on the other tread just ignore me? What's the deal?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer-to-peer forum, so I would assume that if your specific question hasn't been answered, it's because the customers don't have an answer.  As to why the Vzw reps answered one question in this thread and not the other, I can't answer.  I do know that they only drop in here sporadically, and then it's usually a week or so after the question has been posed to give forum members a chance to respond.

The only suggestions I could offer are:  if possible, could you delete your e-mail account and then re-establish?  Have you tried powering off your phone to see if that resets anything?  I'm assuming you have a removable battery?  If so, have you tried pulling it to see if that helps any?

0 Likes