Ringer and notification volumes keep turning themselves off and phone freezing after last update
Zero43None
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every since the last update, my Kyocera duraforce Pro 2 ringer and notification volumes keep turning themselves off at random times during the day, and my home screen keeps freezing. 

I am a high-voltage lineman and have missed numerous call-outs because of this and have been disciplinedI am a high-voltage lineman.

I have tried soft resetting it to no avail. 

0 Likes
Re: Ringer and notification volumes keep turning themselves off and phone freezing after last update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zero43None, we understand how important it is to have a working device. Is there any damage made to the device?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Ringer and notification volumes keep turning themselves off and phone freezing after last update
Roxy1129

I have the same problem and no one seems to know why or how to resolve.I don't want to but about ready to switch phones and carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roxy1129

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your phone. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything and we certainly do not want to see you go over this. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on. Are the ringer and notifications that keep going off the ones directly from the phone settings or in third party applications? Are the apps on your phone all up to date as well? Does the issue happen while the phone is in safe mode (see here https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-222031/)?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
BB1112
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a problem for me as well with the Kyocera.  I keep missing calls for work because while the notifications for media, call and alarm volume are at the highest level, the level for ring and notification volume continually reset themselves to the lowest/off position.  Each morning I reset them to be audible, and then miss calls when I notice the phone is vibrating, and check and it has reset back to being off.  This seems to be a recurring problem--does verizon have any helpful guidance?  I will not be buying this brand again and may consider switching carriers if this cannot be resolved.

0 Likes
Kyocera_Support
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is a shortcut which can be used to prevent the phone from ringing.  This shortcut involves pressing the Power key and the Volume Up key at the same time.  Users may accidentally trigger this shortcut without realizing it.  In order to disable this shortcut, go to “Settings > Sound > Shortcut to prevent ringing” and set it to “Do nothing.”  This may fix the problem for you.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BB1112, we are sending you a Private Note. TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes