Question about Motorola V860
AllenSco

I am retiring the old Droid and want to go back to a simple flip-phone.  I have a Motorola Barrage V860 and want to use it.  After talking with pre-paid customer service, the rep told me he could not activate this phone as it was an older device.  That makes no sense as Verizon is still selling "basic phones".  The V860 IS a basic phone.  Is anyone else using this phone today?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about Motorola V860
Snn5
Legend

It's possible Verizon might refuse to activate that phone due to its retired technology and given the network is further advanced than the capabilities of the phone.  All phones now are expected to use some form of data and operate on the 4G network with 3G being a backup.  I would say that, as long as it can still operate on voice bands that it would be acceptable, but given the above, Verizon reserves the right to disallow devices on their network, even if they were used before.  It may also be factual that the phone is not compatible with your or any plan that Verizon has now.  However, you might try again with another rep as there are still a lot of basic phones on basic prepaid plans out there.

Check Your Device

Check that link for more.

0 Likes
Re: Question about Motorola V860
deloused
Master - Level 3

There are people that are still using the Barrage's on their accounts, Verizon won't activate any additional ones due to the FCC's E911 phase 2 location requirements since that phone does not have an assisted GPS chip installed from when it was manufactured in 2009, it only has a standard chip.