Pantech Crux Problem
Zermeno5

I purchased the Pantech Crux but as soon as I got it, I've been having problems with my messaging. I'm always getting my texts late. For example, if someone texts me, I get it up to 3 hours later. Can some one help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech Crux Problem
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Try updating your PRL by dialing *228, option 2.

If that doesn't work, try a battery pull for about a minute.

I've found that usually if I haven't placed or received a call in a while, my texts will come late. What I do is call my voicemail and let it connect, and then hang up and usually a flood of texts will come in.

GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you vereyzuhn, as those steps will often resolve issues right away. Zermeno5, please let us know if the steps worked or if you  are still experiencing an issue.
Thank you

Thank you vereyzuhn, as those steps will often resolve issues right away. Zermeno5, please let us know if the steps worked or if you are still experiencing this issue.

Thank you

0 Likes
Jia

Hi, I've been having this issue since November 2010 (when I first got the phone). It has been driving me crazy ever since.

I was shipped a new Pantech Crux, so I am on my second one and still...the same issues. I have tried every kind of reset, and I am not very fond of it anymore, but don't want to pay more to get a new phone.

The only way I can get my texts now is to turn my phone on and off between messages. This is SO frustrating. Also, I save a text to myself and resend that over and over again; sometimes that seems to help "push" texts through. Verizon and Pantech: Please fix this problem. Thanks!

Also, the alarm is unreliable and usually doesn't work.

0 Likes
csh

I have the exact same problem with my phone. When I've reported it to Verizon, they do the *228 and it starts working again. The problem is, it doesn't matter how frequently I do that update, there is no rhyme or reason to when I stop getting text messages. Example, last week, a family member sent me a text message on a Thursday evening and I did not know until Saturday when I was waiting for a text message from someone, at which time I turned my phone off and back on again, just in CASE it was in the middle of a texting issue again, and then about 8 messages came flooding in, from as early as Thursday evening.

I'm partially deaf. I don't talk on the phone much, but I do have a voice plan, with the additional texting. I primarily use my phone as a means of communicating things to family members. I RELY on the texting to be working properly, all the time. I have ONLY had this problem with the Pantech Crux, I have NEVER had this problem with the LG Env or Env 2 or any other LG product that I owned. I feel that this problem is specific to the hardware, not to the Verizon network, especially since powering the phone off and then back on again is what fixes it.

Verizon, insists that Pantech wants a bunch of questions answered by the user, specifics of when it happens, and if it's every 3rd message, or every 20th message. It is sporadic, there is literally no rhyme or reason.

0 Likes
Not applicable

csh wrote:

I have the exact same problem with my phone. When I've reported it to Verizon, they do the *228 and it starts working again. The problem is, it doesn't matter how frequently I do that update, there is no rhyme or reason to when I stop getting text messages. Example, last week, a family member sent me a text message on a Thursday evening and I did not know until Saturday when I was waiting for a text message from someone, at which time I turned my phone off and back on again, just in CASE it was in the middle of a texting issue again, and then about 8 messages came flooding in, from as early as Thursday evening.

I'm partially deaf. I don't talk on the phone much, but I do have a voice plan, with the additional texting. I primarily use my phone as a means of communicating things to family members. I RELY on the texting to be working properly, all the time. I have ONLY had this problem with the Pantech Crux, I have NEVER had this problem with the LG Env or Env 2 or any other LG product that I owned. I feel that this problem is specific to the hardware, not to the Verizon network, especially since powering the phone off and then back on again is what fixes it.

Verizon, insists that Pantech wants a bunch of questions answered by the user, specifics of when it happens, and if it's every 3rd message, or every 20th message. It is sporadic, there is literally no rhyme or reason.

Thanks to the community for your responses.  Thanks for posting. I understand how this can be frustrating. In order to resolve your issue please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and see what kind of options we have for you? Thanks.

0 Likes
littlegr33n

i'm having similar problems! except im lucky if i even get them!! when i call the support tech he told me to turn it off and on again. that worked but he gave me no explanation as to why it did that!!! its great i finally got the 17 texts i had missed but how to i even kno when im not receiving them till 6 hours+ later?!  😕   GGRRRR so angry. i really dont want to try and find a new phone!

0 Likes