Numerous LG Octane Problems
itvaccz

So I've had my LG Octane for a couple months now and for the most part its been a solid phone. Although very recently I've been experiencing some problems that are rendering my phone almost useless. It began with me getting the phone, only to find that my caller ID was completely disabled. All calls I received were labeled as "NO ID" and I could not tell who was calling me, or even call the person back. I've had this problem since I've had my phone, but I didn't make a big deal about it. But now, I have my phone beginning to reset its self upon me even sending a text out. This doesn't happen to me every time I send a text, but its been happening a couple times each day (I heavily use my phone for texting capabilities). Lastly, problem number three is my phone is now recently been neglecting to receive texts until much time later, disrupting any text conversation I was in. Last night I received about 5 texts from people whom I had stopped texting the morning before, although the texts read like I was in mid conversation with them. Somebody help me, this is frustrating me a lot and I have only had my phone for around 8 months. 8 months of my 2 year contract. Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Numerous LG Octane Problems
itvaccz

Bump, I could really use some help on what I should do about this.

0 Likes
Bernie157a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no answers specific to your problems but try this which support reps always suggest as the last resort:  Pull the battery for a minute and then reinsert and power back on.

0 Likes
Ringah
Contributor - Level 1

My number one reply would be to contact customer service as soon as you can and talk to tech support.  If you have only had the phone for 8 months then you are still under warrenty (which lasts 12 months.)  They can go through trouble shooting steps with you and if needed replace the deivce.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Have downloaded the most recent version of the firmware v8? When you're texting and your phone reboots is it when you send texts with emoticons? I've heard of that issue, but the 3 octanes we have have never seen this issue.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

itvaccz wrote:

So I've had my LG Octane for a couple months now and for the most part its been a solid phone. Although very recently I've been experiencing some problems that are rendering my phone almost useless. It began with me getting the phone, only to find that my caller ID was completely disabled. All calls I received were labeled as "NO ID" and I could not tell who was calling me, or even call the person back. I've had this problem since I've had my phone, but I didn't make a big deal about it.  You can have customer service set the Caller ID feature ON for you, or, if you are the account owner, you can log on to your MyVerizon account and  make sure Caller ID is enabled.

But now, I have my phone beginning to reset its self upon me even sending a text out. This doesn't happen to me every time I send a text, but its been happening a couple times each day (I heavily use my phone for texting capabilities).  Have you deleted  text messages?  If the inbox or sent messages folder is full, it would delay receiving and cause problems sending messages.  Always keep the messages folders as clear as you can.  If there are messages you absolutely must save, forward them to your email address and save them on the computer in an email rather than on the phone.  Once you have deleted messages, pull the battery while the phone is on and then reinsert the battery and restart the phone.  This should free up any memory that those messages were hanging onto and allow you to receive and send efficiently.  When things start to lag, it's time to free up more memory.  Some phones get bogged down with only a couple hundred messages....

Lastly, problem number three is my phone is now recently been neglecting to receive texts until much time later, disrupting any text conversation I was in. Last night I received about 5 texts from people whom I had stopped texting the morning before, although the texts read like I was in mid conversation with them.  Same answer as above.  You said you text a lot, I suspect your memory is being filled quickly.

Somebody help me, this is frustrating me a lot and I have only had my phone for around 8 months. 8 months of my 2 year contract. Smiley Sad

Good luck - let us know if clearing the old messages and the battery pull helps...

0 Likes