Note pad
Ferret4

Why would a $400 SONIM phone not have a note pad feature?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note pad
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model are you referring to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You would have to ask the phone's manufacturer. Good thing is there are LOTS of free apps for that. Google Keep is really good.

0 Likes
Ferret4

The SONIM model is XP5

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately that is a feature phone aka a basic phone. Google applications might not be compatible with it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question. While the Sonim XP5 does not have a dedicated notepad application, it looks like you are able to add notes to events in the calendar app.

PeterP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Gslongvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clinking the XP5800 icon in the File Explorer app on the Sonim XP5s reveals a list of folders, one of which is a Notes folder. If a Notepad app is ever developed for the XP5s, the phone provisioning setup already includes a place to store the note files.

Being a basic phone does not preclude having a note taking capability. My previous phone, LG Cosmos 3, a 3G phone, had a Notepad function in the Tools app.

Adding a Notepad would be a significant enhancement to the XP5s. Perhaps Sonim and Google/Android will consider this in the near future.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes