LG enV Touch freezing upon startup
silverhawk79

Similar to every enV Touch owner ever, I've had the reboot issues, signal issues, etc. Now (as of this morning), I can't use it for more than 20 seconds before it freezes, and I need to take out the battery and reboot to make it work. I found if I put it in airplane mode, it works fine, though it kind of takes away the main function of the phone. I already had to replace it once, and not looking forward to doing it again. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG enV Touch freezing upon startup
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you recently add a new app? Upgrade software? It sounds like it's having issues connecting - try dialing *228 option 1 and letting the phone "re-program" itself (if you can get it to do this without being in airplane mode).

How long have you had the phone? I know this phone has been problematic for many for a long time ... perhaps an upgrade is in order?
0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I recommend that you try resetting your phone to the factory settings.  This should help restore functions and clear the errors that is causing the phone to malfunction. 

Reset Default

Allows you to reset your phone to the

factory default settings.

Using the Internal Keypad

1. Open the flip and press

[MENU].

2. Press the Directional Key to

scroll to the Settings & Tools

menu and press .

3. Press Phone Settings.

4. Press Security.

5. Enter the four-digit lock code.

6. Press Reset Default.

7. After reading the warning

message, press .

8. Press to select Revert.

A confirmation message is

displayed briefly before the phone resets itself.

0 Likes
JoyAnt

I am having the same problem-- They couldn't help me at the store, so I switched to an old phone.  Now, the phone is working fine since it's not tied to my number.  I want to switch back to it because I don't like this old phone.  If I do the factory reset, will I lose all my phone numbers?  I would like to back them up before I do it if I will.  Thanks for your help

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

JoyAnt wrote:

I am having the same problem-- They couldn't help me at the store, so I switched to an old phone.  Now, the phone is working fine since it's not tied to my number.  I want to switch back to it because I don't like this old phone.  If I do the factory reset, will I lose all my phone numbers?  I would like to back them up before I do it if I will.  Thanks for your help

Hi JoyAnt,

It is true that the factory reset option will purge all personal data from the phone (contacts, calendar entries, ringtones, games, customer apps, media, etc.). So before you perform a factory reset, it is best to protect your contacts/phone book by using options to back up your data. There is an application called Backup Assistant, available for use on the EnV Touch. You can also relocate your music, picture and video media with the use of an expanded memory card. In any case, I’m happy to help. If you’d like help with these procedures, Please send me a personal message with your mobile number, a phone number that I can call you on and a good time to call. Thanks!

0 Likes
jdhogg

If your software version is not VX11KV11, visit a store and have your enV Touch upgraded.  KV10 had a bug that produced the symptoms you describe.  Others have reported the issue was produced when a picture message was in the queue for delivery to you from the network.  When the phone was in airplane mode or otherwise disconnected from the network, there was no issue.  The problem also cleared when the picture message was deleted from the delivery queue.

0 Likes
Reebok

My son just had the same problem with his LG phone.  I called tech support and they couldn't help us.  So we went to our local Verizon store for help.  The customer service rep knew exactly what the problem was.  He said that Facebook has changed the way they send out status updates and when LG phones try to download the text message, the phone freezes and turns off.  He had my son go into facebook and stop the mobile notifications.  He switched the number to a different phone that was not LG so that he could download the text messages and then switched the number right back to my son's phone.  The phone has worked like a charm ever since.  They said there have been a lot of people with this problem on their LG phones.  So if you receive facebook notifications, that is probably your problem.

0 Likes