LG VX5300 won't factory reset, clear out phone
bonniecriss

It started with the phone locking up when I was deleting pictures.  Now, everytime it's opened into the pictures, it locks up and I have to take out the battery to restart.  So, I do the hard reset... menu, >, >, 5, 5.  Done this five times and it does not reset the phone to factory settings.  Does anyone know any other way to reset the settings or reformat it other than what I've tried?? Help...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG VX5300 won't factory reset, clear out phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

see if this works:

From the main screen, press Menu

Scroll to Settings & Tools

Scroll to Phone Settings and press OK

Scroll to Security and press OK

Enter Lock Code displays ... enter the 4 digit lock code (default is the last 4 digits of the phone number)

Scroll to Reset Default and press OK

Should see note that reset default will occur, press OK

0 Likes
bonniecriss

did you not read the above message?  I did that FIVE TIMES and it says the reset is happening, then it restarts, then it's the same as it was before....this DOES NOT work...didn't know if there was another way to reset these phone...grr

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, I read your message.  And since I didn't know what "menu, >, >, 5, 5" meant (my VX5300 died a long time ago, so I don't have it in front of me), I thought I'd provide the steps.  I don't know an alternate way to do a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your device, bonniecriss. Thanks to tikibar1 for your input. I reviewed the manual for your phone and our internal support tools. Unfortunately, I was unable to locate an alternative option for completing a master reset. It sounds like your device may need to be replaced. I'm not sure what you're looking for in your next phone, but we have some great basic devices to choose from. Take a look..http://tinyurl.com/b3r2396 Let me know if you have questions.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes