LG Terra updated SIM card?
BlueRiband

When trying to set up international calling outside the US for a trip, I got a message that my LG Terra SIM card is outdated and will need to be upgraded by March of 2018.  How do I update the SIM card especially since Verizon has recently stopped selling this particular phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Terra updated SIM card?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to get a new SIM card from a corporate store. Depending on how old the phone is, you can also consider purchasing a LTE basic phone if you don't want to switch to a smartphone yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to get a new SIM card from a corporate store. Depending on how old the phone is, you can also consider purchasing a LTE basic phone if you don't want to switch to a smartphone yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

People still wanting basic phones shouldn't bother with non LTE basic phone since they will be no good within 2 years anyway. Also by July 2nd 2018 no CDMA only devices will allowed to be activated on Verizon's network. Those currently on can stay of course but after July 2nd if they need to activate another CDMA only device, no dice. Verizon should really have canned all non LTE basic phones from it's website already. The cheapest smartphones are better and the same price as basic phones so I'm not sure why people don't switch already. I doubt anyone will even make a basic phone 5 years from now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

boringusername wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

People still wanting basic phones shouldn't bother with non LTE basic phone since they will be no good within 2 years anyway. Also by July 2nd 2018 no CDMA only devices will allowed to be activated on Verizon's network. Those currently on can stay of course but after July 2nd if they need to activate another CDMA only device, no dice. Verizon should really have canned all non LTE basic phones from it's website already. The cheapest smartphones are better and the same price as basic phones so I'm not sure why people don't switch already. I doubt anyone will even make a basic phone 5 years from now.

How do you know when Verizon Wireless will stop allowing CDMA phones to be activated?

0 Likes
BlueRiband

Thanks for all of the replies.  For this time a Verizon agent was able to set up my international calling but I'll go to a Verizon store and get a new SIM card after this trip. 

I'm not one to constantly update devices and a "dumb" phone suits my needs and preferences.  While I understand that technology changes I should not have to buy a new phone every year just to maintain service.  (Bought my LG Terra last year and until very recently it was still sold by Verizon.)

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

BlueRiband wrote:

Thanks for all of the replies. For this time a Verizon agent was able to set up my international calling but I'll go to a Verizon store and get a new SIM card after this trip.

I'm not one to constantly update devices and a "dumb" phone suits my needs and preferences. While I understand that technology changes I should not have to buy a new phone every year just to maintain service. (Bought my LG Terra last year and until very recently it was still sold by Verizon.)

After Dec 31st 2019 it will no longer work on Verizon's network

0 Likes