LG Octane- can't send email messages/reboots
sandy2231

Hi there- I've seen many complaints of echos, but my problem with this phone is different.  I got it on 2/25/11 and luv it.  I previously had a motorola Krave and hated the touch screen.  I have a basic data plan and use it mainly for email.  After the 14 day return policy was up, the Octane started to reboot itself.  I was getting emails from people saying they just received a message I had sent 7 days prior. In many cases, I would just get a delivery failure notice.  I went to a verizon store and they said they downloaded software- I checked and it says vn530zv3 to zv4.  They also did a master reset of some kind.  WHen I left the store and got home, I no longer am able to even send emails.  I still receive them and I can text, but I can't send emails. I am planning on returning it for a completely different phone but the feature phones all seem to have problems.  I really wanted a qwerty keyboard after my terrible experience with the Krave.  I hate to give this one up but if I can't email, its got to go.

ANyone have the same problem and had it fixed with new phone?  or if not, any suggestions on good feature phone?  thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane- can't send email messages/reboots
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Check your outgoing email settings - things may have gotten scrambled int he "master reset" you mentioned. You can also delete your current email and redo it all from scratch and see if that works.
0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

After review of the any reported issues with the Lg-Octane, I show there was an issue reported. Customers reported that the other party experiences echo during voice call and the device turns off/on, and the device may lock up.  The new software (VN530ZV3) should have corrected the issues. If you continuing to have this issue, additional hands on trouble shooting is needed at the corporate store or on the phone with technical support.

Listed below is information for deleting the mobile email application and re-adding it back to your device.

Deleting the mobile email application 

1. Within the Mobile Email application, select the desired email account then press the right soft key to choose Options.

2. Select Delete Account then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.

3. Press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Delete.

Adding Mobile Email

1. From the main screen, select Menu.
  2. Select Media Center (Get It Now).
  3. Select Browse & Download (Tools on the Go).
  4. Select Get New Applications.
  5. Select Mobile Email.
  6. Select the purchase option.
    If prompted, select Yes to start the download.
  7. If prompted, select Yes.
    On some touch screen phones, touch the screen to continue.
  8. To continue the installation, review the Terms of Use, then select Accept.
  9. Select the desired email provider, then choose Select.
    If prompted, review the Terms of Use for the email provider, then select Accept.
  10. Enter the username and password, then select Sign In.
    Username and password are case sensitive. 
Adding an Email address/account
  1. Within the Mobile Email application, select Add Account then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.

2. Select the desired email provider then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
    Note If setting up a Gmail account ensure that the IMAP setting is enabled on the account.
    Note If the provider is not listed, select Other.
    Note If presented with the Terms of Use, press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose Accept.
  3. Enter the username, password, select Sign in then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
  4. If prompted for more information press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose OK.
  5. Enter the appropriate information then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose SIGN IN.
    Note Please refer to the email provider / administrator for more information on these settings.
KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
scilipoti

Are you implying there is a menu for outgoing email settings?  I can't find one.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

scilipoti,

In order to view the email settings on the LG Octane,  you would need to 

• Go to the Mobile Email 
  • Select the email account you want to view
  • In the lower right corner, you will see OPTIONS (select it)
  • Go to Settings

Verify the settings in the phone match the settings your email provider has given you.

0 Likes
CharleneS

I just downloaded and installed Mobile Email on my LG Octane (SD card) tonight, but every time I try to run the app the phone reboots.  I was never able to get to the point of adding an account.  Is there a way to uninstall the app if you can't load it?

0 Likes
Bernie157a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dunno why but some people have tons of problems with the Octane and some don't.  My wife has had hers replaced a couple of times since June while I have not.  I have had some issues but have gotten them cleared up by myself, by going into a local VzW store, and by call to tech support.

The software on our phones is up to V8 by now.  So if yours is not, perhaps that will help.  Other things to do are:

1. remove battery for a minute, re-insert, and reboot (doesn't seem like it will solve your problem but try it)

2. dial *228 and when prompted take option 2 (something everyone should do monthly even if doesn't seem it will solve anything)

Bernie

0 Likes