LG Extravert won't delete text messages that have words but are listed as [No Content]
LG_Extravert_Issues

I can delete a fair amount of messages with the "delete all" feature and even more going through them one by one but when it comes to messages that say that they have "[No Content]" even when they do, I can't delete them with any feature. It's somewhat frustrating as I have a quickly filling inbox.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert won't delete text messages that have words but are listed as [No Content]
LG_Extravert_Issues

Just to add to this, I have attempted to update my firmware to no avail. I purchased this phone under two weeks ago and the firmware up to date.

0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert won't delete text messages that have words but are listed as [No Content]
ridgemtk

I have this problem, too. A lot of my Sent messages won't delete, whether I try to erase them individually or as a mass dump.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LG_Extravert_Issues lets get to bottom of this and get those messages deleted! I know it can be very frustrating to have difficulty with your device, but we'll do everything we can to help! What happens when you try to delete? Do you receive any type of error messages?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ridgemtk

There is no error message-- it says "message(s) deleted," but in actuality the greater majority of the messages won't have been deleted.

0 Likes
LG_Extravert_Issues

I get no error messages either. Upon attempting to delete the problem messages one by one, it goes through the deletion animation just like the messages with no issues but when the animation is over, the message remains.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, LG_Extravert_Issues!

First, let's ensure the text message is not "Locked".  See page 77 of the Device Manual for steps for locking and unlocking messages: http://vz.to/1hAjp6D.  I would also suggest changing your Messaging Setting option to "Auto Erase Inbox" which will automatically delete read messages when you exceed the message inbox storage limit.  See instructions for this step in the Device Manual on page 82: http://vz.to/1hAjp6D.  Please let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LG_Extravert_Issues

I'm familiar with the lock feature and I'm sure these are not locked but I have set up the Auto Erase Feature. This should be a suitable workaround though it doesn't exactly solve the problem of not being able to delete specific messages. Maybe after some texting and my inbox cycles through it's capacity the problem will be fixed. I appreciate your help. I won't say that this is the answer I was looking for but it should suit me needs to some degree. Thank you very much for your help!

0 Likes
Alpinist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my SECOND new Extravert. What is the fix? This is getting annoying.

0 Likes
jrush7558

Having same issue with this phone... Checked messages are unlocked. still won't delete. Verizon needs to get LG to fix this problem...

0 Likes