LG Exhalt LTE
penguin50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to switch from the LG Exhalt 3G to the 4G because my phone wasn't working. Now, when I get a picture, I see it's in messages but how do I view it? I've tried download but then it disappears? Does Verizon still activate 3G phones if I wanted to switch to an old phone I found but never used?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Exhalt LTE
penguin50
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) Thanks for the clarification that Verizon Cloud only backs up contacts for this phone and not pictures.

2) The person who has this phone is 87 years old and has no computer. I've ordered a SD card for the new Exhalt and will take the old phone and connect it to my computer the next time I see them. I'll install the new SD card into the LG Exhalt LTE and show her how to save photos to the card.

Last question-when a video is received, it is VERY SMALL. Is there any way to make the video larger???

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly strange to hear your picture message is disappearing after you try to download it, penguin50. It's disheartening to see your original phone had stopped working but I want to make sure you can get full use from your new LG Exalt LTE but can also discuss activating an alternative device if you decide to go that route. To view a text or picture message, press the Right Option button from the Home screen. You should see any conversations listed where you can then use your center navigation button to go up or down in the list and finally press the center of your navigation key to select a conversation where the new message is located. Generally, you should then be able to see any texts or pictures between that person. When following those steps, what happens? Do you see any error when you try to download a picture? What steps are you taking to download it when it first appears?

As for an old 3G device you may have, Verizon Wireless will be retiring the 3G network (described at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218813/ ), so 3G basic phones can no longer be activated to your line. If you come across a different LTE-capable basic phone or have considered moving to a smartphone, you can confirm the compatibility of any device through https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/#checkDevice and even change the device on your account by selecting "I'm with Verizon" to log in.

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
penguin50
Enthusiast - Level 2

The message I get when I try to download a picture message is "The network is unavailable, will retry when network is available." Bringing it back to the store tomorrow hopefully if I have time. Texting works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Penguin50, I see that you were taking your device into the store. It has been 24 hours since you were taking it in. Were you able to get things resolved? 

Katrina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
penguin50
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, they didn't have the phone in stock and have to go back on Sunday when they get it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

penguin50, I appreciate the feedback. Being able to view picture messages is a key feature we want working for you. Were you able to now download and view your picture messages? Was the phone replaced if needed?

Please reference the link attached on our Online Troubleshooting Assistant as this is a great way to self-troubleshoot your own device if needed. Please keep us up to date. Thanks! http://spr.ly/6583D79ff

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
penguin50
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone was replaced today at the store. We went with a list of questions-the person working at the store was surprise because had to play with the phone and didn't know the answers. We got clarification that Verizon Cloud on this phone only backs up contacts. When I asked how to back up photos, so we don't loose them like we did on the LG Exhalt 3G, we were told we had to buy a memory card and store photos on it. I'm not really sure how that would work if we upgraded to smartphone that did not have a memory card slot to stick it in.

The whole experience was horrible. We have to call when our bill is generated as the 2nd day the replacement phone was activated, fraud suspended it because 2 calls were made to Vietnam!! How can this happen???

All we wanted to do is go back to the original LG Exhalt 3G which broke and we never got a root cause resolution from Verizon on why it just stopped working.

By the way a lot of the links you provide are broken and don't work.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

penguin50 wrote:

When I asked how to back up photos, so we don't loose them like we did on the LG Exhalt 3G, we were told we had to buy a memory card and store photos on it. I'm not really sure how that would work if we upgraded to smartphone that did not have a memory card slot to stick it in.

You should be able to copy the photos from your phone to your computer, i.e.,

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - LG Exalt LTE | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

penguin50 wrote:

The phone was replaced today at the store. We went with a list of questions-the person working at the store was surprise because had to play with the phone and didn't know the answers. We got clarification that Verizon Cloud on this phone only backs up contacts.

See page 46:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/LG/LG%20Exalt%20LTE/verizon-lg-exalt-lte-ug-e...

0 Likes
penguin50
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) Thanks for the clarification that Verizon Cloud only backs up contacts for this phone and not pictures.

2) The person who has this phone is 87 years old and has no computer. I've ordered a SD card for the new Exhalt and will take the old phone and connect it to my computer the next time I see them. I'll install the new SD card into the LG Exhalt LTE and show her how to save photos to the card.

Last question-when a video is received, it is VERY SMALL. Is there any way to make the video larger???

0 Likes