Re: LG ENV3 shutdown problem fix?
MsTayBay

i keep a case on my phone and carry it in my hand most of the time. Right now it's sitting flat on the desk and is "charging" however it will not turn on, has no sign that it's charging, and if it does turn on it immediately turns off.

0 Likes
miller4259

Absolutely do not buy the env.  I had an older version that i got about a year ago and it occasionally shut down on me and also froze up when typing text messages so that the only way i could get it to unfreeze was to take out the battery.  I put up with it anyway.  And i do not have any apps downloaded or one of the cards in my phone like you were talking about.  I just got the newest version of this phone less than a month ago since i lost mine.  This one freezes up way more and shuts down all the time.  It is horrible and i am going to a verizon store tomorrow to see if they will let me trade it in for something else.  Simply put, this phone does not work.  DO NOT BUY IT!!

0 Likes
JohnMarston

My wife and I got ENV3's in December of 2009.

We both are experiencing the shut down problem. Neither of us has a memory card of any kind installed. 

We have experienced shut downs with phones just sitting on tables. In fact, both phones shut down sometime during the night last night. Hers was sitting on the coffee table and mine was sitting inside its holster on my desk.

While this could be coincidence, this is not the first time that we have discovered that both our phones have been shut down. 

This leads me to suspect that it might be a  Verizon Network issue as much as a problem with the phones themselves. That may explain why none of the remedies suggested to date appear to have been effective. 

A friend of ours purchased an ENV3 after seeing mine. He also has the problem.

I'm pretty fed up with it. We've missed important calls because we were unaware that the phones had shut down.

I don't understand why I have to unlock the phone every time I want to make a call but somehow it mysteriously unlocks while in my pocket and manages to dial gobbeldy gook numbers?

I'll probably just eat the contract in order to get reliable phones rather than waste my time with supposed fixes / replacements that don't work.

Avoid these phones. 

0 Likes
jgentz

Haven't read through all the replies so not sure if this problem has been answered.

My LG tends to shutdown and restart every time I select Favorites while on-line.  It does the same thing when I go into My Media to add favorites. 

Also, in the manage tabs, I created two so they would be at top for easy access.  I need to remove one of them but not sure how to do it.

Went to the local store and they had no idea.  Said they could either install an older software or I could trade it in for a re-furbished one. 

Has anyone else had these problems or can help?

Thanks.

0 Likes
JohnMarston

The wife's phone shut down seven times yesterday. Mine didn't at all. 

She took a 120 mile roundtrip and was away from the usual towers. Don't know if that had something to do with it or not. 

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

JohnMarston wrote:

The wife's phone shut down seven times yesterday. Mine didn't at all. 

She took a 120 mile roundtrip and was away from the usual towers. Don't know if that had something to do with it or not. 

There should be a Fix available to Verizon that resolves the Powering Down and Power Cycling issues on the enV3...  Verizon was notified of the problem and the resolution is to replace the Battery , and I believe the Phone as well...  Check with your local Verizon Corporate store or Verizon Support for assistance.  Or you can contact LG Support at (800) 793-8896

0 Likes
jgroland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased my phone back in July of 2009 and it began to randomly power down in my pocket at work, I continued to use it despite its problem, until a few months later when I couldn't take it anymore.  I took it to my local Verizon Service Center and  they updated the firmware and said that was the problem, well for awhile It was ok, then it started doing it again, so I took it back and they sent off for a replacement phone, well when they send you a replacement phone all they send you is the phone and not the battery, so again it was ok for awhile, but once it started doing it again, I was pretty sure it was the battery so.... when I found that flexing the phone shut it down... I tried it... and it worked.... But sometimes it doesnt shut down when you flex it...

So I think it is the battery, so when you get it replaced under warranty its not going to fix it because they aren't sending you a new battery.

0 Likes
jgroland
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: Sending both my phone and battery back to LG, Hopefully they give me a newer Hardware Revision and Battery.

0 Likes
HackerJunk

I've had my LG Env3 for about 11 months when it started randomly shutting down. Sometimes it would do it once ever few days other times it will do it several times in an hour! I read the part about flexing it and I had notices that now and then it would shut down when I closed the phone after sending a message. I gently twisted and pushed on the phone...nothing. I then opened the phone like I was going to type on the qwerty keyboard. I rested my two thumbs on either side of the keyboard. (Basically one to the right of the Right Arrow key and on to the left of the Q key. So, my middle fingers were in the center of the back of the phone. (Opposite side of the T key) I pushed down with my thumbs and the phone went off.  I barely even pushed. I powered up and tried again...and it shutdown again. I then went to show my wife that I had "figured it out"...and it wouldn't do it!  Because of my experience with it shutting off sometimes when I closed the clam shell and the two power offs when I tweaked it, I am convinced there is a physical aspect to this. Maybe something is rattling around in the phone or a wire moves slightly each time I use the phone and on the occasion that the wires has slightly moved it will shutdown...mabye. 😉  My wife and I have swapped batteries to see if that would help at all.

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

Yes there is a fix for the rebooting issue you are seeing...  Contact LG or Verizon support and they should be able to help you out.

LG Support can be reached at (800)793-8896

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Likes