LG Cosmos Touch Sound Issues
roboshiflo

The sound on my LG Cosmos touch has recently stopped functioning somewhat. The phone no longer rings or alerts me to text messages. I can still hear and be heard by the people I talk to on the phone, but the ringtones and alert sounds have simply stopped working. I played around with the sound settings, and the phone will make sound when I press buttons or tap icons on the screen, but nothing else. This also happened one week ago, but sound started working a few hours later, albeit very grainy. It stopped again two days ago and the sound has not come back. I've tried removing the battery and replacing it, playing with the sound settings, and ensuring that my phone is not on silent (I promise it's not). Is there a fix for this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch Sound Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love the Lg Cosmos Touch and I'm so sorry to hear you're having issues roboshiflo. Thanks for all the trouble-shooting you have performed. Is the phone damaged physically or by water? I don't show any reports of this occuring with this phone. I have listed the steps below for sound, just to check and ensure we didn't miss anything:

• From the main screen, touch Menu.

• Touch Settings.

• Touch Sounds Settings.

• Touch Easy Set-up.

• Touch the Call Sounds then touch NEXT.
  • Ring Only
  • Touch a ringtone then touch NEXT.
  • Vibrate Only
  • Ring and Vibrate
  • Be Silent

• Touch the Button Sounds volume then touch NEXT.
  • High
  • Medium High
  • Medium
  • Medium Low
  • Low
  • Off

• Touch the TXT Msg Alert then touch NEXT.
  • Ring Only
  • Vibrate Only
  • Ring and Vibrate
  • Be Silent

• Touch the Media Msg Alert then touch NEXT.
  • Ring Only
  • Vibrate Only
  • Ring and Vibrate
  • Be Silent

• Touch the Voicemail Message Alert then touch NEXT / DONE.
  • Ring Only
  • Touch a ringtone then touch DONE.
  • Vibrate Only
  • Ring and Vibrate
  • Touch a ringtone then touch DONE.
  • Be Silent

Please let me know if this helps. The last step would be to master reset the phone but this would erase the content from the phone. Here are the steps if you wanted to try it http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/36819/ . Ensure your contacts, pics, and other information is backed up. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
0 Likes
roboshiflo

Hello,

I went through the sound options again and still was unable to get sound. I performed a master reset and still got no sound. My phone has not suffered any physical or water damage. Does this phone use two speakers, one for regular calls and button sounds and one for ringtones and speakerphone? (I hadn't tried it out when I posted last time, but my speakerphone is also not working.) If it does use two speakers, perhaps one has broken?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Roboshiflo

Thanks for all the troubleshooting you've done. It does sound like there is a issue with the device itself. Please accept my request & follow me back and send us a private message. I will review the replacement options.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes