LG Cosmos 2 sound problems
beavisinlove

Hello. I woke up today and tried to place a phone call, and there was no sound. I had just used my phone last night, so I don't know how something went wrong. The speaker isn't broken, because when I get a voicemail/turn my phone on or off/press "play" when I'm lowering/raising the master volume, it plays sounds. But when I try to preview my sounds/ringtones, nothing happens, when I press the speakerphone button, nothing happens, and most importantly I cannot hear or be heard during phone calls. I can't tell whether this is a hardware or a software problem, and would like to know if I can fix it without professional help. Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 2 sound problems
beavisinlove

Update: I thought my earpiece might be broken, but it's not. I can hear keypad sounds coming from it. It's just ringtones and calling now...this is strange

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you've ensured that the volume is turned up and that mute isn't on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Strange would be a great way to describe this issue, beavisinlove. No worries, I'm committed to figuring out this issue for you. Have you checked the sound settings for your device? Please ensure that none of them have been muted or turn to silent. If that doesn't fix the problem the next best step would be to complete a master reset. This step is a little painful and time consuming, but it's proved to be very effective. Give it a try and keep me posted...http://tinyurl.com/covee97  Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dancenex

My LG Cosmos 2 sound only works with headphones on. I can talk to and hear people through the headphones.  I used to be able to talk to people when I put it on speakerphone but now that doesn't work anymore.  I can hear the person on the other end, but they cannot hear me.  Can this be fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It looks like there may be something going on with the LG Cosmos 2, dancenex.
I'm glad to provide you some steps that could work in order for you to get the sound back in your life. First, let's make sure there is no damage to the phone and look for any corrosion around the port for charging as well as the headphone port. Does this happen on all calls? I'm guessing you have already attempted to adjust the volume when you are on a call. I would like you to dial *228 option 2 to update the PRL.
Does it seem to get better if you remove/reinsert the battery?
If you done all of these steps, dancenex, you we need to check into replacing the Cosmos 2 for you (depending on warranty options). Just send me a message with your name/number & I can look into it for you.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Shkago1952

I've had LOTS of problems with the sound on my Cosmos 2!!  I don't even have an earpiece that fits it....which makes it even harder to hear callers.  I put them on speaker, but that does little to help.  Heck, we can't even get a good signal here & the Verizon map says it's the BEST signal in town! Yea, right!  I'm about ready to go back to a land line, just to be able to hear my callers again! What a giant step backwards THAT would be!

0 Likes
fluffy_2078

I have had the same problem with my LG Cosmos 3 and all i did was turn it of and turn it on again. Did you try that?

0 Likes