Kyocera Dura XV the outer screen doesn't turn off. It used to. How do I get it to turn off?
WOOD1948

The outer screen of my Kyocera Dura XV used to turn off after a short while.  Now it stays on constantly.  How do I get it turn off?  I've read the user manual and it doesn't seem to address this issue.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Dura XV the outer screen doesn't turn off. It used to. How do I get it to turn off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The user manual can be useful for so many things, WOOD1948, so thanks for checking this out there. For the trouble with the screen staying lit, how soon after powering the phone off and back on does it turn on? Is it right away?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Dura XV the outer screen doesn't turn off.  It used to.   How do I get it to turn off?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the Backlight setting control both the internal and external screens, perhaps?  What is your backlight setting?

0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Dura XV the outer screen doesn't turn off. It used to. How do I get it to turn off?
WOOD1948

The phone has magically resumed “normal” operation and the outer screen now

turns off after about 15 seconds.

Thank you.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
WOOD1948

It seems to me that the backlight setting only effects the internal screen.

Note-magically the phone has returned to “normal” all by itself. It now

shuts off after about 15 seconds.

Thank you.

BW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WOOD1948 I love when issues resolve themselves! Sometimes quirky things can happen with technology and we are glad the phone is back to normal. Of course, we don't want you to consistently experience device issues but this doesn't appear to be the case. Please keep us posted if you need future assistance.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
7hAl0m99

I have a related but kind of opposite question. I just got a new Kyocera Dura XV phone, and can't find any way to control the outside display. I want it to behave like my previous LG phone, which is that the outside time and date are ALWAYS ON (even when not backlit), so I can tell the time. The manual is pretty clear that the settings are just for backlighting, and I don't see any way to have it do what I want. I appreciate any secrets anyone is willing to share. Thanks!

0 Likes
mikerobinmc

I am in the same situation.  I would like to have the outer screen stay on (with no back light) so I can always see the time and date like my old GzOne phone.  This was a very handy feature, when you grab the phone, the date and time was always displayed.  As with you could naturally see right away if you missed a call or text.  

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes