Kyocera Cadence LTE display says "No SIM card... Searching..."
JohnS0603
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless has just replaced my Kyocera phone for the 2nd time.  I connected with VZW Tech Support and was working with the agent, until he said that I needed to call back using another line.   I don't have another phone line, and I don't have transportation to get to the nearest VZW store.  Using instructions left by the rep before I had to ring off and power down the phone, I then powered down; removed battery, removed SD card; removed SIM card.

I then installed those items into the "new" phone:  SIM card, SD card, battery.  When I attempted to insert the SIM card, it wouldn't stay in the slot; it acted as though it was impinging on a spring, and wouldn't stay in.  I tried 3 or 4 times

Worse... I then reinstalled the SD card into the old phone, and tried to install the SIM card.  It went into the slot without any difficulty.  Then I reinstalled the battery and powered-on.

Now, the old phone is inoperative. Power is on; there is a new icon in upper left of display, a white shape like an SD or SIM card with a red "X", and the display reads, "No SIM card... Searching..."

The usual signal-strength icon at top of display is grayed-out, and has an "X" above it.

All/most "Tools" function OK.

1. How do I get this SIM card to work again in my "old" phone?  Then...
  2. Why does the SIM card not lock into place in the "new" phone?

Many thanks.

John S.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kyocera Cadence LTE display says "No SIM card... Searching..."
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "new" phone could be defective or there could be a problem with the SIM card.  If you can't get to the nearest VzW store for a replacement SIM card, have Customer Service mail you one (the SIM card should be free but there may be a mailing fee).

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "new" phone could be defective or there could be a problem with the SIM card.  If you can't get to the nearest VzW store for a replacement SIM card, have Customer Service mail you one (the SIM card should be free but there may be a mailing fee).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHSIM84, we fully understand that getting the more from your device to help keep you connected is a must. In some cases, the SIM Card may not be compatible with the device being used if transferred from an older device to a new device. If this is the case, you can visit a Verizon Wireless retail location to get a new SIM Card for the device you with to use on your account.

JoseL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnS0603
Enthusiast - Level 2

@josel_vzw                                                                                               4/20/2019

Thank you for responding.  It is now 2 1/2 months later, and I have just discovered this online Verizon Community site.  I just learned that a forum existed.

Your response did not help, and I suspect that it was just a 'generic' response text because it was not sensitive to the context of my question.  Still, after several additional conversations:with some very helpful Tech Support people, I was sent a replacement SIM card in Jan. 2019.  The card works, and the phone works again.

However...

There are a few troublesome and annoying problems with this specific Kyocera phone model.  I have described some of them to VZW Tech Support and Level 2 Support in my 11+ months of owning this phone (and its two identical replacements).

Basically:  IMO,  Kyocera never completed designing this phone.  I think it was rushed out to production without being given a rigorous validation/verification by **non-Kyocera** users, i.e. by a focus group, or trial group.

I am sure you can read/view my major complaints when you review the detailed record of my trouble calls to VZW Tech Support.  Here is a summary:

TXT Messaging
There are major flaws in the functioning of the software in the TXT messaging component, which have caused me to suffer major disruption in my daily life, due to two misunderstandings that occurred from failures in the TXT messaging component of this phone.

"DeadAir" Time
There are extremely annoying flaws in the [software or hardware] which are supposed to provide a smooth, seamless, gap-less transition of the active voice call at the beginning of the call -- the first few seconds..  On more than six occasions, I have learned that an incoming caller cannot hear me when I click the SEND button and say "Hello", unless I repeatedly say "Hello" two to five times.. 

Likewise, I have already provided considerable evidence that my outgoing calls don't seamlessly transition at the beginning of the outgoing call.

Conclusion:
VZW would do an enormous service to Kyocera, the users of Kyocera Cadence LTE phones, and also to VZW, if a responsible VZW official engaged with Kyocera to insist upon the completion of the design of its phone., and monitor Kyocera's results.

The way things stand right now, the Kyocera Cadence LTE is besmirching the reputations and the consumer good will of both VZW and Kyocera.

Please share this note with the appropriate and customer-focused officials at Verizon Wireless.   Thank you, Jose,

JohnS0603

0 Likes
JohnS0603
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tikibar1 :

It took me a long time to find this online forum and your response to my complaint, but I want to thank you for your attempt to help.

It turns out that I did have to replace the SIM card, and the immediate result was that that third phone and that second SIM card are working ... well, OK.

Please review my answer dated 4/20/2019 to the Jan2019 posting by JoseL_VZW, as background information.

Thanks again, and Cheers,  Smiley Happy

JohnS0603

Tags (1)
0 Likes