Is there really a re-stocking fee?
Andyman

Hello,

Is there really a restocking fee to return a phone within the 14 day window?  I just got the Samsung Brightside and the posts I have seen about it are scaring me.  I am seeing a lack of action/motivation from Verizon to get issues fixed with this phone.  I have noticed, like many others, that the T9 freeze/reset problem has been an ongoing issue for several months at least.  I just got my phone yesterday and have also noticed that my phone has this issue as well.  I have not noticed any other issues thus far with the phone, but I have not tried the things other customers are complaining about.  I am noticing this pressure from verizon to go to smart phones, and a lack of support for the basic phones.  I, like many others, refuse to go with the smart phone era.  Simply because I don't need/want it, and don't want to pay for it.  If they want everyone to move to smart phones, why not get rid of the data plans and fees and simply make it a standard part of all plans?  Maybe make an upgrade option for those who actually use the data.  I understand that smart phones require data usage for software upgrades and things, but if upgrades are a norm/standard for smart phones, why charge customers for that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there really a re-stocking fee?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes there is a restocking fee. It is $35 and is spelled out in the Return Policy link at the bottom of every Verizon Wireless website page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes there is a restocking fee. It is $35 and is spelled out in the Return Policy link at the bottom of every Verizon Wireless website page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Andyman

Thanks,

Guess I could have (should have) looked at that.  So do you know anything about the update/fix for the T9 word problem?

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

As an FYI for future purchases: many 3rd part retailers such as Best Buy and Costco do not charge restocking fees and have a more generous exchange policy that VZW stores.  I know that does not help you this time, but hopefully it will in the future.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andyman, thank you for your inquiry. As Ann154 stated, there is a restocking fee to return or exchange a device within the 14 day return period. This fee is incurred anytime the box has been opened and the device has been used. Smartphones require data plans because they constantly connect to the internet for email, applications, updates, widgets, etc. The Brightside is a great device for those looking for a full touchscreen and keyboard that don't need a smartphone.

We have seen other reports of people having issues with T9 freezing and this issue has been lifted up to the manufacturer. A fix is expected in the next software update, but we do not have a timeframe for the update yet.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes