Re: I'm getting more and more corrupt text messasges, [No content]
NAmabile
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate the link to the current line of smartphones.  However, the cheapest phone with the lowest cost plan still more than doubles my current monthly bill.  This is a problem that needs to be rectified through Apple and/or Verizon and it appears every basic phone is affected.

0 Likes
REVIEWBOY1928
0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

@

In the end, you will save on time and frustration by having a device where you can read the entire text message. Here is a link with our current smartphone offers:

You didn't mention anything about saving money! Where it really counts.

This is [removed] They turn a global [removed]  into a sales pitch.

I have now since "upgraded" to a Google Pixel 2 for reasons other than and including reasons in this thread. I can't believe this is still happening. It's been about 3 months now? And the [removed] in the "tech" industry can't figure anything out? It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

Thanks Verizon for kicking me in the direction of throwing away perfectly good electronics. Maybe I should sue them for the cost of my phone. Speaking of sue, has anyone found any good lawsuits around pertaining to this issue? Someone's gotta be held accountable for something, as always.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
clarencedonath

It's funny watching the machinations of corporate cookie-cutter support responses, "I'm sorry to hear blah blah, I know how frustrating it can be".  Yeah, no you don't, and there's nothing you can do about it either.  LOL.

But come on MrTom0000, swearing is not going to get anything done.  But I'm with you.

An easy solution to this problem would be a text filter that would transcode messages to ASCII text.  This could be configured in the customer's account preferences.  But corporate Verizon Wireless is not going to actually spend their employees' time.  They'd rather people think their device is too old and need to upgrade.

I wonder if there are other wireless providers with better options.  Might anyone know?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clarencedonath

All I do is message. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you, and we do not want to lose you over this. What is the make and model of the phone you have? When did this issue start for you? Does this happen with all types of messages or just messages with attachments? What troubleshooting steps if any have you attempted to resolve this concern?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes