Re: I'm getting more and more corrupt text messasges, [No content]
djk9429

I am having the same issue with my env3. With mine I sometimes receive text messages that say "no content"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

djk9429, Receiving blank messages can be confusing. Anytime messages sent to you that has any type of graphics it will appear on your phone as symbols. A basic phone doesn't support graphics from a smartphone.  I hope this is helps.

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ahh, you didn't read my post, did you? I said I got those icons when someone with an iPhone sent me a text with a quote in it. You know, the " symbol. The whole message gets icons when someone with an iPhone sends me a text message with an apostrophe too. You know, the ' symbol.

Does anyone who work at Verizon really knows what's going on? Probably not. You people have no clue. You're just jerking us around with nonsense replies. The network is damaged. And I'm guessing Apple is to blame, since it seems to be mostly coming from their phones. But it's using everyone's network, so I'd imagine everyone should be concerned about this. Yes, even Verizon.

When will this get resolved? I can't get messages. No messages means an angry customer. An angry customer means a canceled Verizon plan. A canceled Verizon plan means no money for you.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Likely the only way to resolve it is to get a better phone or block text messages altogether on your line until you update the phone to one that is capable of receiving those messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

Buy new hardware. Not the correct answer.

They (someone) just recently broke the network a few months ago. Why can't they just fix what they broke?

This same thing happened about 2 years ago. I found a google forum where many people had an issue. Then it just went away after a couple of days and back to normal. Where as now it has lasted way more than just a couple of days. And I'm not the only one affected by this, many other people still use 'non' smart phones because it's more practical and way more cost effective. Not everyone likes to waste money on a small handheld device.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are LTE basic phones now. Did you even consider I was also referring to those phones along with the smartphones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROBABR61
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi!  I've just read the entire thread that you had started on this subject.  I agree with you!  I believe Apple caused this problem.  Specifically, it seems to be tied to the release of their most recent update.  Before they released OS 11.?? I was not having any problems receiving text messages, unless my friends forgot and included an emoticon.  After my iPhone friends got the last update, I've had nothing but problems. 

0 Likes
MrTom0000
Enthusiast - Level 3

We want every message to be delivered properly to your phone. I can certainly understand your frustration with receiving garbled messages and want to help.

I'm still receiving garbled messages. I've received no help. My sister tried to send me something for Thanksgiving and it didn't show up, there was just a bunch of squares.

This is ridiculous.

Why can't Verizon Wireless find out what's going on and fix it?

Is this just how it's going to be from now on?

Bad and corrupt messages to the less fortunate and those who are struggling financially?

I'd hate to be a really old person with one of these phones relying on some important information that may be life or death, just to find out you get a bunch of squares.

0 Likes
Bobcat_IT
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a Verizon issue. Instead, it is is an Apple issue from their latest iOS 11 release.

To fix -

On the iPhone go to settings > general > keyboard. There you can turn “smart punctuation” off. This should take care of your issue.

Bobcat_IT
Enthusiast - Level 1

To be more specific, it seems to be only when an apostrophe or a double quote is sent from the iPhone. This should help with your testing before and after they make the change above.