I have a new Samsung Convoy2 basic phone.
jimhenry01

After being fully charged, the charge indicator goes down 1 bar in a day or day and a half. talk time is about 30 minutes a day.Is that normal for this phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a new Samsung Convoy2 basic phone.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hard to say.  Are you texting in addition to talking?  That will keep the screen on and that uses battery.  Are you taking pictures?

If you are only down 1 bar in a day and a half, it means your charge can go 3-4 days, which is pretty good.  If you mean you r down to only 1 bar, then that's probably average.  Try letting it get down till you get a warning, then fully charge it, and run that cycle a couple of times, letting it fully discharge before recharging fully. That may help it to expand capacity and keep a charge longer.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hard to say.  Are you texting in addition to talking?  That will keep the screen on and that uses battery.  Are you taking pictures?

If you are only down 1 bar in a day and a half, it means your charge can go 3-4 days, which is pretty good.  If you mean you r down to only 1 bar, then that's probably average.  Try letting it get down till you get a warning, then fully charge it, and run that cycle a couple of times, letting it fully discharge before recharging fully. That may help it to expand capacity and keep a charge longer.

B33
Legend

Assuming it's the battery that came packaged with the phone if the phone set in the warehouse for a while that might have a slim ill effect on it, have a Look at the battery and post the Date on it.. And you can expand your talk time with the purchase of an extended life battery if one is available..   Try doing a Search with Google..  Good Luck Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with SuzyQ that it's hard to say ... going down 1 bar in a day or so isn't bad, IMO.  We've used the Convoy and Convoy2 and have found the battery life to be good.  Average talk time is only about 15 mins per day, and the phones are charged usually twice per week.

0 Likes
jimhenry01

Hi, thanks for the input.  I thought the battary would last much longer, but from the imput I'm getting, its about average. I will try your tip on discharging and recharging the battary. 

Thanks again, Jim Henry

0 Likes
jimhenry01

Thanks for input B33. I'll look aroung for an extended battary if it gets to be a problem.  I just thought it should last longer than it does, but it seems to be ok based on all the imput.

Thanks again, Jim Henry

0 Likes
jimhenry01

We talk on the cell for about 30 minutes a day and charge it every 2 days, so it seems to be about right based on your input. And I havent let it go down past 2 bars down before charging it.  So, no problem, its just me. Thanks for your imput, have a good Thanksgiving.

Jim Henry

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome; good luck with the phone.  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome.. b

0 Likes