Re: How do I undo the Verizon DuraXV update of June 29, 2015?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jason375,

We want to help you as much as possible to get your phone up and running smoothly again. I reviewed the issues you mentioned, and so far, there are no other reports of the same issues.

Service is not guaranteed indoors as there are factors that interfere with signal, this would explain as well why your phone's service is not available underground. What is the function you say you don't have that you pay for? Please provide specifics. What do you mean the phone blacks out completely? What is the indicator  you see when you state there's no signal? Does the phone freeze only when you're in Notes/Pics/Music apps?

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jason375
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me explain. Immediately after the notice "No service" when underground, the phone goes black. There is no light, it is black. Nothing can be seen, because it is a black screen until service is picked up again. That is not normal. lNo phones go to black like that.

I don't need to provide specifics. All my specifics are above. But I'll reiterate a few things: I can't get on the Web because it crashes. Meaning it freezes, then the screen goes to black. When the screen comes back on, the END key doesn't function because the screen is still frozen. Then sometimes the phone will come alive again and I can get out of the Web service, and sometimes (like this morning), it stays frozen (I had to pull the battery after 15 minutes to shut down the phone). If it unfreezes and takes me back to the menu, the icon shows that I'm still getting and receiving data even though it crashed and I'm supposedly off the Internet. The END button does no good.

When I hang up, the screen that show the call has terminated freezes--I can't back back to the menu by pressing Clear or END. After maybe 15 seconds, I regain control again. Sometimes it freezes when I come in or out of other functions, like music, Notes. It seems to depend on how long/how much I've been doing.

I won't repeat anymore what's wrong. I will reset and re-input my entire calendar again (because I don't see a function for backing that up--if there is one, please let me know).

I refer to to my review of this phone on Amazon, just to show how much I like(d) it. I'm Jason375 on Amazon: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kyocera DuraXV, Dark Grey 4GB (Verizon Wireless)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you feel it's not important to provide details Jason375, we're eager to help. However, like everything, in order to diagnose all symptoms need to be clear and provided. They were not provided before. Again, service will be challenging underground which explains why you have problems underground.

How do you normally try to activate the backlight of the phone again?

Are you trying to access a specific website or app when it crashes or freezes?

The End key's function when screen is frozen is normal since the entire phone is unresponsive.

Please follow these steps http://vz.to/1fhJo37 and reply with total storage capacity and what is available.

AdaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jason375
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info Snn5 regarding getting rid of leftover files with reset. I will be resetting because I just crashed again. Left it in that state for 20 minutes just to see what happens, but finally had to take the battery out. I have no choice but to try resetting. Thanks for your time.

Jason375
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quite honestly, if I didn't see Verizon Wireless Customer Service in your title I would think you were a troll. I certainly have explained everything in as much detail as I can short of sending you the phone. I crash on any attempt to go on the Internet. I pay for a data plan that's become pointless. How do I normally "activate" my backlight? I don't. As with any phone, it's just there. I feel that Verizon should review your answers and questions to me. This is just plain silly. You said "Again, service will be challenging underground which explains why you have problems underground." Ridiculous! Any phone maintains its backlighting even when there is no service available, and the DuraXV did until the update of June 29. But here is what you asked for: Internal Available Memory: 251.66 MB; Used 28.77 MB; Total Memory 280.43 MB. Card Memory:  Available: 3.05 GB; Used 652.44 MB; Total: 3.39 GB. I won't be responding anymore as this is going into the realm of the Twilight Zone. So a go ahead, tell me "Jason 375, I'm sorry you don't want to explain the exact problems to me and help me help you. If you were more cooperative maybe I could understand what you mean by freezes, crashes, and black screens. Then I could begin to help you." You're aggravating me. LOL. I won't be back.

0 Likes
Jason375
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm back with just a cautionary note. Last night I prepared to Reset the phone: wrote down all my speed dials, made sure my paper calendar was up to date so I could re-input again, wrote down material from Notes, etc. All prepared to bite the bullet and Restore to factory settings. I Reset, going through the Verizon steps (*228). Verizon verified that the phone was successfully restored.

Imagine my shock when I couldn't make a phone call, receive a phone call, send a text message or receive a text message. I dial a number and it goes to Verizon, which gives me the message that there was a network failure, to power down, and try the call again. This was to no avail. So I did Restore again. Still couldn't make calls, etc. Got the same message from Verizon. I called Verizon on my friend's phone and was on with 3 reps for an hour, retrying with them on the other line. They couldn't figure out what the problem was and tried to connect me to Kyocera, which was closed. I have to bring the phone into Verizon on Saturday. (And I am of the opinion that if my check goes to Verizon--regardless of Kyocera's cut--it's Verizon's responsibility to help.)

But here's the kicker: Web access is flawless. I can get my clients' sites, my news, mail...flawlessly. I can watch You Tube...flawlessly. When I Exit, it responds immediately and doesn't crash. I just can't make a phone call LOL. I think if anyone else has the kinds of problems that I had/have--with any phone-- they should take it to Verizon and have them Restore, just in case this happens to them. I'm now borrowing a friend's phone for the rest of the week. She's using my iPad for the week.

0 Likes