How do I stop my device from deleting sent texts?
XChris
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LG Extrevert 2 only saves my sent text massages for about 8 hours before deleting them. It saves my received texts until I manually delete them. Is there a way to get it to save my sent texts longer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Extrevert 2 deleting sent texts
Snn5
Legend

You might have an overwrite issue.  Check your messaging settings where you can control how many texts to receive or send before being overwritten.  Like say you have the limit set to 50...when you get the 51st message, the 1st or oldest is overwritten/deleted.  You might also try this thread which has an answer or suggestion.

Trouble deleting text messages from Extravert 2

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might have an overwrite issue.  Check your messaging settings where you can control how many texts to receive or send before being overwritten.  Like say you have the limit set to 50...when you get the 51st message, the 1st or oldest is overwritten/deleted.  You might also try this thread which has an answer or suggestion.

Trouble deleting text messages from Extravert 2

0 Likes
XChris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but I don't see where this setting is. When I go to 'Messages' and then 'More' and then 'Settings' I see a lot of choices, but not that one. I do see 'Auto Erase Inbox' but I have that set to 'Off.' I just got this phone yesterday so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is all that I was able to find:

Auto Save Messages - LG Extravert™ 2

From the main screen, tap Message.

Tap More.

Tap Settings.

Tap Auto Save Sent.

Tap a setting:

On

Off

Prompt

Seems you have done this though.  Also, can you try the battery trick from the link I posted in my first reply?

0 Likes
XChris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. Thanks. I'll try the battery thing. If it keeps happening I'll call support.