How do I get pictures off of an LG flip phone
dmartin301

I have an old LG flip phone, model VX540V01, that has 88 pictures on it, and no SD card.  I purchased a cord from eBay to do a transfer from a flip phone to USB.  When I plugged it into the computer, I didn't see it show up, but it caused the computer to make a sound.  The old phone has Bluetooth, and my laptop shows up, but the only options with Bluetooth have nothing to do with transferring pictures.  The pictures appear to be stored under a "Get It Now" service, but I believe they are also on the phone.  Does anyone know how I can transfer them off of the phone to a modern device?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: How do I get pictures off of an LG flip phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

if you are wanting to transfer content to a new more modern device you can attempt to download the Photos on this device to a computer. Please go under My Computer then open the LG Drive, after doing this open the LG folder and drag and drop the Photos that you want to keep.  CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
dmartin301

Are you saying there is a "My Computer" area on the old LG VX5400 flip phone?  I have tried using a USB cable, but two different computers did not recognize the phone as a drive.  I tried Bluetooth, but there is no way to send photos to the devices it does recognize.  I've been trying for years.  Any help is much appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in, dmartin301. The My Computer we were talking about would be what you would find in a Windows Desktop. This is where you would see all available drives. It does sound like you were able to check elsewhere to see whether the phone was detected as a drive. If your computer does not find it, you could try finding a driver for this device. However, it may be very difficult at this point, as the device was launched in 2007. We do have some software that was used for other purposes that could possibly help the device to be detected through their drivers. However, the VX5400 is not on that list so it may or may not work. There are some other LG devices in the 8000 or 9000 series that were out around similar times but were more expensive devices. You could also try the 1XRTT Handset software. However if those don't help it get detected, you may want to reach out to LG and see if they have anything. Here's where you can review the software I was mentioning: http://vzam.net/download/supported.aspx Again, you wouldn't actually attempt to use these programs, you just want to see if it includes a driver that helps your computer detect and open the device. You would know this if you see a different outcome when you plug in. In most cases, computers would only detect a device that has storage expansion, such as SD or microSD. We wish you the best of luck!  EricW_VZW

0 Likes