How do I get pictures off my old device?
meagan21

I have an old LG Chocolate 3 phone that has been deactivated for about 4 years. I got a new one because I was having trouble with the phone shutting off whenever I would open it to try to make a call and what not. I have it charged up and can view the pictured that are on it using the front screen, but can't get them off the phone. I can't access the menu or settings without the phone restarting. All I can do is view them. I have tried plugging it in to the computer to transfer them, and it shows that there is something on the internal memory, but says the photos are empty. I have 172 pictures and really need to get them off. I don't have a Verizon store any where close to me to take it to. Any ideas how to get the photos off the phone??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get pictures off old phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meagan21,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting pictures off your device. If you are connecting the device to the computer, the files the photos may be under are not always photos. Although it seems like it should be simple like that, they are sometimes labeled under DCIM. Also if you do not have a corporate store in your area, you can check indirect stores that may be able to assist here vzw.com/storelocator. Let us know if either of these options help.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a program called BitPim.  If the chocolate isn't listed, look for a model that is close and it may work.  We've had success getting pics and other info off older phones.

http://www.bitpim.org/

0 Likes
mugwump63

What if old phone is an ATT.   All was transferred to Verizon phone except pictures. I just realized I cannot see irreplaceable photos from the old phone.  It is rechargable, but nothing else is functional.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

BitPim is a program for CDMA phones - maybe try the AT&T forums as to how to get the photos off the phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meagan21,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with getting pictures off your device. If you are connecting the device to the computer, the files the photos may be under are not always photos. Although it seems like it should be simple like that, they are sometimes labeled under DCIM. Also if you do not have a corporate store in your area, you can check indirect stores that may be able to assist here vzw.com/storelocator. Let us know if either of these options help.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
droopydraw

THANK YOU, MEGAN I'LL TRY MY LOCAL VERIZON STORE.  I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT. THANKS AGAIN

0 Likes