How do I disable Push to Talk on kyocera duravx?
charleslomaxcannon
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update on 06/21/2019 has caused the programmable key to open the terms and conditions of the push to talk app. No amount of declining disables the agreement and the agreement interrupts all other functions I try assigning to the programmable key. 

Ptt is off and was never on

I have set the programmable key to; do nothing, open calendar, open music player. All fail

There is no damage to the phone

This started right after the update on the above date

I have power cycled the device

Looking for a way to disable the terms and conditions popup

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After ptt app updated on 06/21/2019 on the kyocera duravx the ptt app is overriding my programmable key How to disable
kfubar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it:

turn ptt+ on

close phone

open phone turn ptt+ off 

turn on programmable key and set to gallery

programmable key worked, no more user agreement

reset programmable key to flashlight... still working

good luck Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

Re: After ptt app updated on 06/21/2019 on the kyocera duravx the ptt app is overriding my programmable key How to disable
Azrak

I can confirm that version 1.611VZ broke the programmable key functionality as described above.

Pressing the PTT+ button (programmable key) always starts the PTT+ app and brings up the service acceptance screen where you can Accept or Decline the service.  I do not want or use PTT+, so I always select Decline.

Turning PTT+ ON and back OFF does not fix it.

Turning the phone OFF and back ON does not fix it.

A workaround or confirmation that this will be fixed in the next update would be nice.

0 Likes
Re: After ptt app updated on 06/21/2019 on the kyocera duravx the ptt app is overriding my progra
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want all functions of your phone to work properly, charleslomaxcannon. We are here to help.

Reviewing the latest software update from Kyocera, we see that the PTT button and app were directly targeted by the manufacturer for changes. At this time the details we see show that the button is working as intended.

Possibly the next update from the manufacturer will revert this change to that portion of the phone. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
kfubar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it:

turn ptt+ on

close phone

open phone turn ptt+ off 

turn on programmable key and set to gallery

programmable key worked, no more user agreement

reset programmable key to flashlight... still working

good luck Smiley Very Happy

charleslomaxcannon
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's perfect. It stopped asking. I didn't even need to change my programmed key. It just opened music right  up. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
APaul1

I tried to recomended solution. Now I do not have the option of turning PPT off. It takes me to the agreement. Do I need to sign up for PPT first in order to disable it?

0 Likes
Re: After ptt app updated on 06/21/2019 on the kyocera duravx the ptt app is overriding my
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for trying the recommended step APaul1. We definitely want to make sure we get this taken care of for you. I would recommend trying to accept the agreement first and then following the steps to disable if you don't wish to use the service. Give this a try to see if it works and keep us posted on the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: After ptt app updated on 06/21/2019 on the kyocera duravx the ptt app is overriding my progra
Jaguar2004

When will they be doing this update. I’m sorry but this is extremely annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Jaguar2004

I understand your concerns and your desire to have a fix for this device issue as quickly as possible. Allow me to help.

From what I’ve found, there has been another software update that became available for this device last August that addressed this PTT issue. What is the current software version number of your device: http://spr.ly/66031CCHx? Please provide me the Baseband version and the Build number.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes