How can I sync music as ringtones on my Samsung Intensity 2?
stardustx

I have a Samsung Intensity 2. I can sync music (mp3 files) from my laptop to my phone via the USB cable. But it shows up in my music, not in my ringtones. I'm trying to put a ringtone on it. I can't email it to my phone - I have tried emailing and it will download on my phone and then a message says "receipt failed." I used to be able to email it to my phone. I tried changing the m3p to m4r - the extension for a ringtone - and it showed up in my phone's music folder on my computer, but it's not on my phone anywhere. Is there anything else I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I sync music as ringtones on my Samsung Intensity 2?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried Zedge.com?  You can upload your favorite songs, edit the clip so it's the part of the song you want to hear as the ringtone, and you tell the service your phone and carrier, so it's formatted properly.  It saves all your faves, so you can grab them again for a new phone, and sends them to your device as a text so you can "Save as Ringtone".

The service simply works, and it's free.  Check it out.

0 Likes
stardustx

I have tried Zedge. However, it would only allow me to download the ringtone onto my computer. So it did not help me. But thank you for answering.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you download to your computer, try emailing it your10digitphone#@vzwpix.com - it should get to your phone as a text that you can then "save as a ringtone".

0 Likes
bubba_james_junior

The USB cables are tricky, they look exactly the same however one kind is strictly for charging the phone another kind does both, if you plug in the USB and you don't hear the ba-lump sound after say 5 seconds then likely it is only a charging cable

0 Likes
stardustx

I've tried that more than once. I will receive the text message, download the ringtone, and it will attempt to download. However, once it says "downloaded 100%" it then changes to an error message that says "receipt failed" and doesn't download.

0 Likes
stardustx

I believe I am using the right cable, but I have heard of that being a confusing issue.

0 Likes