How can I re-activate an old phone onto my plan?
reg2

My current phone screen has broken and I want to switch to an older phone I have kept. I can't find how to do it on the website and it is hard to get into a store. Any suggestions? I thought there was a phone number I could call from the phone I want to activate and it was that easy, but I don't remember the number...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I re-activate an old phone onto my plan?
conniecmc1955
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did that just a couple of weeks ago,but i called customer service and they gave them the esn number and they did it. They didn't charge me to do this,so maybe this will help,good luck.

0 Likes
reg2

Thanks I'll give that a try!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about your phone, reg2. You can activate your device online. Go to vzw.com and sign into your online account. Then select "Activate/Switch Device" hyperlink on the left hand side of your homepage. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

claudiad2

I've done that, ported number over from Comcast to my Verizon phone (plain old phone, not smart phone).  On Verizon account page, it shows as changed number, I no longer have Comcast phones working with that # and my Verizon phone won't ring as that number!  Can't reach customer service or voice mail to change!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you get this worked out? What exactly have you done? You say you want to activate an old phone. Do you have a Verizon account? Are you wanting to start service with Verizon? Do you have a Verizon phone currently active on the number you want to activate? You don't really give much information.

If you currently have a Verizon phone currently active on the line, you would need to turn that phone off. Turn on the phone you would like to activate. Dial *228 from the phone. Select option 1 when prompted. Follow the instructions.

If you don't currently have a phone active on the line, is it a line where the phone died and that is the reason you need to activate an old phone or are you trying to start a new line of service?

0 Likes
JimW2020

"Community Manager

Sorry to hear about your phone, reg2. You can activate your device online. Go to vzw.com and sign into your online account. Then select "Activate/Switch Device" hyperlink on the left hand side of your homepage. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport"

That works great, yet if your current phone's screen is broken, then you cannot receive the Online Activation Code. As it comes via Text to your (Currently Active) phone number.
So for me, it was a no go.
Thank You,

Jim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The option should also appear to have the code sent to an email address on file as well. EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes