First Smartphone
Marscha

Need some honest opinons .... I'm looking to upgrade from my ENV touch to a real smartphone (been paying a $10 data charge for basically nothing for almost 2 yrs!)  My problem is with which one.  I thought that I wanted an Iphone 4 .... then I looked at some of the Droids.  ugh! Decisions, decisions.  I have a few friends that have had ATT Iphones for years and they are sold on them.  I wonder if the Droids would be too much for me. I'm a busy mom, that does have "wait" times with my kids (at carpool etc.... I want a phone that I can message on, talk on, take pics and have fun with some apps and FB.  What do you all think?   .....and if I go with an Iphone - what is your opinion on the white ones? My brother says is too "Apple -y "   ...  Thanks in advance for the opinions and advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: First Smartphone
dingster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would suggest going with the iPhone. Very user friendly. Andriod has a bit of a learning curve.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

if you dont have time to learn, i say the iphone would be best

but remember to activate it you have to have itunes and a computer

if you have the time, and like gadgets then go with android

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I went in to look at an iPhone 4, and walked out with a Droid Incredible 2. Love it! No major problems. The iPhone has a simpler, easier-to-learn operating system. But my husband went from a basic flip phone to the Dinc2, and quickly learned how to use it. It took me a week or so to get all my settings and widgets the way I wanted them, but now it's customized perfectly for my use.

From what you've written in your post, however, about being a busy mom, the iPhone sounds perfect for you, IMHO. I compared the black and white models in the store and just couldn't decide. It depends if  you're putting a case on it and what color your case might be. Good luck deciding!

0 Likes
skitzthegemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

It sounds to me like the iPhone would be the best choice for you.  I would never get an iPhone personally, but I'm kind of a tech geek so I like the freedom I get with Android.  I bought my wife an iPhone 4 because she's kind of intimidated by technology and the iPhone is basically a glorified feature phone.  It's easy to use.  Just plug it into your computer and let Apple do the rest.  Now that she has one my wife can't live without it.

I have no doubt you'll love it!

0 Likes
sassy_1210
Enthusiast - Level 3
IPhone is a good phone, but the Droid are an all around better phone. Since you have kids there are many games in the marketplace to keep them busy.
0 Likes