Re: Do basic phones have data plans?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey kcmilo,

We are all really excited about the new simple Verizon plans. The Basic phone only plan you are referring to does include unlimited messaging. The way it breaks down is $5.00 for the 700 minute plan (unlimited text; $1.99/MB data) and $20.00 for the Basic phone line access (when there is no existing contract). Are you currently under contract still for the Smartphone that is on the line right now?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh OK.  Looking at the screenshot above, text is NOT included.  I can see where some customers might question included features.

frommage
Contributor - Level 2

@Snn5, that's because text unlimited is not included. In order to get the unlimited text you have to be on a data plan, and now on the website, there is no option listed for basic phones initially. You have to click on smartphones then sort price low to high then basic phones show up. Very misleading.

kcmilo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually don't have a smart phone & not sure I want or need one.  My 2 yr contact will be up in 15 days.  That is why I am wondering.  Texting is what I use the most.  So for the 700 minute plan - that includes unlimited texting? Is there an explanation of what the 700 min plan means?  i.e. nights/weekends/day time minutes.  I am currently on a 700 min plan from several years ago & never go over - so I am wondering what the definition of that is.  If I switch plans, I just don't want any surprises.

Thanks!

0 Likes
kcmilo
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is exactly why this is confusing. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Your current 700 minute plan includes nights&weekends. I don't think the More Everything has ever made any similar statement as More Everything normally includes unlimited minutes/texts. The 700 minute More Everything plan is more of a bare bones iteration of More Everything and I would think 700 minutes is just that, 700 minutes total.

0 Likes
21Macey

What would be the access charge for a basic phone under contract in the New Verizon Plan?  I know the smartphone would be $40 but I can't seem to find the answer specifically for a basic phone. Thanks.

0 Likes